ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 29, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #916 of 4,752
After having sought advise on this thread, I ended-up buying a pair of Clairvoyance.

They sound really, REALLY good. They absolutely compete with the Andromedas and the K10s, and in fact do a good job of having the former's balance and the latter's midrange power.

I am, however, suffering a little on the comfort side. The Clairvoyance are large IEMs and while their nozzles appear the same width as K10s/Andros, to get a similar fit and seal as these two requires a deeper insertion, where the entire shell of the headphone then contacts and puts pressure on my ear.
I will need to find a combination of top and insertion angle that works.

I have a SuperBax cable, currently on the K10s, which will fit these, but I've not tried it yet. However, I've also not felt the need yet (while for the K10s, I always wanted a hint of additional treble). Really convincing earphones these Clairvoyance.

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #917 of 4,752
After having sought advise on this thread, I ended-up buying a pair of Clairvoyance.

They sound really, REALLY good. They absolutely compete with the Andromedas and the K10s, and in fact do a good job of having the former's balance and the latter's midrange power.

I am, however, suffering a little on the comfort side. The Clairvoyance are large IEMs and while their nozzles appear the same width as K10s/Andros, to get a similar fit and seal as these two requires a deeper insertion, where the entire shell of the headphone then contacts and puts pressure on my ear.
I will need to find a combination of top and insertion angle that works.

I have a SuperBax cable, currently on the K10s, which will fit these, but I've not tried it yet. However, I've also not felt the need yet (while for the K10s, I always wanted a hint of additional treble). Really convincing earphones these Clairvoyance.
Have you tried using ear tips a little larger than you usually use, for a shallower fit? Just a thought. I find AZLA Sedna Earfits and especially AZLA Xelastecs seal really well, as do Final E tips. Glad you’re enjoying them!

Nov 30, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #923 of 4,752
These Monarchs are just the Bomb!! Sitting here listening to London Grammar and Jack Johnson on my Monarchs through Penon Totem cable powered by A & K SE200, its so good that I wonder if its better than my Utopia/ DNA Stratus/ Schiit Yiggy system. Just great top notch sound.Looking forward to listening to HiBy NEW R6.

Dec 2, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #925 of 4,752
Does anyone have a Monarch custom FR graph? im so torned between buying a custom or universal!

Dec 2, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #928 of 4,752
Got these bad boys late yesterday. Been burning in for nearly 20 hours. Definitely sound better than fresh out of the box. Detail and separation was great straight away, but bass is much better integrated after some constant play.

Attachments

• 20201201_163622.jpg
    20201201_163622.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20201201_163735.jpg
    20201201_163735.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20201201_162557.jpg
    20201201_162557.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Dec 2, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #929 of 4,752
Hmm,have anyone here tried both Monarch in CIEM and UIEM?

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #930 of 4,752
Hmm,have anyone here tried both Monarch in CIEM and UIEM?

Have you tried the UIEM yet?

I think you'd be better to try them and see if you like the sound and fit. You may not need CIEMs. For me, the Monarch is the best fitting IEM I've tried and I don't think there would be any major benefit to the CIEM. Plus, if you like the UIEM, you'll almost definitely like the CIEM. I can't see committing to a CIEM you haven't heard yet, regardless of what any very few individuals might say about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back