ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 31, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #4,126 of 4,754
BTW, you should understand how IEM's are made.
After the shell is molded, holes are drilled, drivers assembled inside, and the faceplate glued on, the final step is UV lacquering.
Usually using a toluene-based resin lacquer, thin layers are applied and cured using UV, which creates a smooth and shiny surface. Once curing is done, the lacquer is completely dried and formed - no need for sandpapering or what not.
Again - stop patronising me.
The scuff marks on your friend's oracle are exactly that - scuff marks. It looks so clearly to me to be from being scraped on a rough surface, like concrete or sandpaper. A drop on a table or any smooth flooring like wood or tiles won't leave such a mark. It must've been a damage from outside. And the bent 2 pin connectors on the left cable further indicates a physical accident. I can't see any part of the IEM manufacturing where such damage could've occurred to the shell, especially after lacquering. And besides, what customer wouldn't complain if they received such a product? Don't you think the manufacturer knows it would waste time and money to ship out such a defective product? Why would any manufacturer ship out a product in that condition, knowing they will have to deal with shipping it back and forth AGAIN to fix it?
I have no idea dude why it was sent like that. But this is how my friend received the IEMs from your employer. That is FACT.
But just for a second can you stop being on the Linsoul paylist and imagine - maybe there was warehouse worker that was angry with Linsoul? Or all this happened during the transport - still Linsoul responsibility to deliver working and non damaged product.

And in regards to your own IEM driver failure, it's unfortunate. As I explained in our DM, IEM drivers are delicate, with certain shock tolerances (available on Knowles or Sonion website). And even without major accidents, drivers can occasionally fail on themselves spontaneously. This is why most IEM brands (not just ChiFi) have a year or two warranty periods - in case drivers fail. I don't know the details to your customer service case, but from what I know of Linsoul, they would probably have asked you for photo/video proof, and afterwards, asked you to ship it back to them for repair. I'm guessing that if it was out of the warranty period, they asked you to cover half of the shipping, and if it was within the warranty period, they probably covered shipping. If you would like to enlighten us to the details of your case, I'm sure you could share your screenshots for us to follow.
Dude - I've told you that IEM came DOA, Dead On Arrival. It arrived with dead dynamic driver, stop the BA nonsense here. It was brand new IEM so why are you even mentioning it was out of warranty period?
One last thing - if you feel that this is cultural West/East thing - care to explain why there are no complains (at least not in number like here) against Penon audio, HifiGo or Shenzen Audio? Just poor Linsoul is being attacked by angry mob of western scammers.

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #4,127 of 4,754
Again, in this forum and elsewhere, there are people with legitimate QC issues. And they should be (and I hope they were) treated with a smooth warranty service by Linsoul/Thieaudio or whichever brand.
Genuine issues are NOT handled smoothly by Linsoul.

But at the same time, I can see a couple of illegitimate claims posted, especially in this thread, of QC fault claims that look really hard to believe. And it's these cases that make the warranty process more difficult for everyone.
Of course, we are all scammers. Even when we loose hard earn cash because someone at Linsoul says its 'hard to believe' we are bad scammers. And if it is hard to believe it must be 'illegitimate claim'.

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #4,128 of 4,754
Again - stop patronising me.

I have no idea dude why it was sent like that. But this is how my friend received the IEMs from your employer. That is FACT.
But just for a second can you stop being on the Linsoul paylist and imagine - maybe there was warehouse worker that was angry with Linsoul? Or all this happened during the transport - still Linsoul responsibility to deliver working and non damaged product.

Dude - I've told you that IEM came DOA, Dead On Arrival. It arrived with dead dynamic driver, stop the BA nonsense here. It was brand new IEM so why are you even mentioning it was out of warranty period?
One last thing - if you feel that this is cultural West/East thing - care to explain why there are no complains (at least not in number like here) against Penon audio, HifiGo or Shenzen Audio? Just poor Linsoul is being attacked by angry mob of western scammers.

Thieaudio products aren't mass manufactured in a warehouse. The upper level models are particularly made by one guy. I don't think he would have been angry at his own brand and sent out a scuffed up unit. And if the delivery man happened to open the parcel, take out the IEM while outside, accidentally drop it, and stuff it all back into the box, don't you think your friend would have noticed the open parcel and jumble of cable mess first? Btw, I agree; if a product is damaged or lost while in shipment, the seller should be responsible. But I don't think this looks to be the case.

In regards to your case, I'm still confused why you're so angry at Thieaudio/Linsoul. I'm sure they would have double checked with you to make sure it really is a DD failure, and then had you ship it back to them for testing and repairs. I mean, I can understand frustration or disappointment at receiving a faulty product. But at the end of the day, you said they resolved the issue for you. Which specific aspect of the whole process is making you so angry?

Jan 31, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #4,129 of 4,754
Thieaudio products aren't mass manufactured in a warehouse. The upper level models are particularly made by one guy. I don't think he would have been angry at his own brand and sent out a scuffed up unit. And if the delivery man happened to open the parcel, take out the IEM while outside, accidentally drop it, and stuff it all back into the box, don't you think your friend would have noticed the open parcel and jumble of cable mess first? Btw, I agree; if a product is damaged or lost while in shipment, the seller should be responsible. But I don't think this looks to be the case.
Listen dude, I dont have cristal ball, I can't see what happened to these IEMs. Stop calling your customers liars for god sake.
BTW - as pointed before - Linsoul even denies responsibility for lost packages, only pays 50%. And let me guess - insurance is paying yous full 100%? How this is not scam?

In regards to your case, I'm still confused why you're so angry at Thieaudio/Linsoul. I'm sure they would have double checked with you to make sure it really is a DD failure, and then had you ship it back to them for testing and repairs. I mean, I can understand frustration or disappointment at receiving a faulty product. But at the end of the day, you said they resolved the issue for you. Which specific aspect of the whole process is making you so angry?

Ok, so let me put it this way - bullet pointed, as I think some meaning is lost in translation.
1. I have been denied warranty on brand new product. I have been called liar, took Linsoul >2 months to allow my brand new IEMs allowed to be sent checked - you are right, no reason to be mad, right? (this is Oracle #1).
2. I have been denied warranty on second pair of Oracle (yes, I like your tuning, pity that you are working for selective scammers). Cam with lot of blemishes, multiple air bubbles. 20$ iems look better. Och, both sides had terrible driver flex, the vents must have been glued. Now before you start the 'everyone unique ear build' as Linsoul did and they denied my RMA - I have heard 5 or 6 pairs of Oracle, only this one had this issue - you are right, again no reason to be mad. I had to take >30% loss on them, as they looked bad and the driverflex was present to new customer.

Not sure how about you but I need to work hard multiple days to earn 500$. Seeing that I need to fight for basic consumer rights at this price point (or any) makes me angry.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #4,130 of 4,754
After 3 days (totally about 15 hours) listening to Oracle, tried to pair with several dac/amp (cayin ru6, shanling UA2 plus, LP W2, Questyle M15, ifi Hip Dac 2..a few more but tired of recalling names), Oracle sounds quite much sib and it is really annoying to my ears
so at the end I go with Fiio Q3 MQA, but in return, it makes darker tone, much more bass
I am satisfied with Thie's tunning but some other options like Campfire andromeda or UM Mest are waving at me.
Can anyone help to suggest if Thie Monarch 2 can be better?
TIA

Feb 1, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #4,131 of 4,754
After 3 days (totally about 15 hours) listening to Oracle, tried to pair with several dac/amp (cayin ru6, shanling UA2 plus, LP W2, Questyle M15, ifi Hip Dac 2..a few more but tired of recalling names), Oracle sounds quite much sib and it is really annoying to my ears
so at the end I go with Fiio Q3 MQA, but in return, it makes darker tone, much more bass
I am satisfied with Thie's tunning but some other options like Campfire andromeda or UM Mest are waving at me.
Can anyone help to suggest if Thie Monarch 2 can be better?
TIA
The oracle 2 is quite crappy in tuning. Thieaudio took a strange path with it's new releases. The old Oracle, Clairvoyance and the Monarch Mk2 are smooth and pleasant in tuning where the Monarch Mk2 is still at the top of Thieaudio offerings (maybe sharing it with v16 Divinity). The new Prestige is way smoother than the Oracle 2 but has bit too forward treble, so it doesn't sound as natural as the Monarch 2.

Mar 18, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #4,132 of 4,754
Got my Oracle MkII replacement bud back from Thieaudio and incredibly it appears they forgot to put the mesh filter on before shipping back. Very frustrating.

Anyone know what size mesh filter i need to replace it? Also, is there anything the goes beneath the mesh filter for tuning?

Attachments

• 40941A74-89E0-4450-ADD7-9C21C969ADB2.jpeg
    40941A74-89E0-4450-ADD7-9C21C969ADB2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Mar 18, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #4,133 of 4,754
Got my Oracle MkII replacement bud back from Thieaudio and incredibly it appears they forgot to put the mesh filter on before shipping back. Very frustrating.

Anyone know what size mesh filter i need to replace it? Also, is there anything the goes beneath the mesh filter for tuning?
Honestly, i would ask for the money, send it back and forget this company.
This is beyond imagination.
When Linsoul sent my Monarchs from repair, they forgot to pack the tips. I didnt care much because i dont use the stock ones but still...
Lets be honest here- there is something really really wrong with their QC and i dont think there is any hope for them. They are just stubborn and they dont give a crap about the customer.
@Linsoul Audio you SUCK!

Mar 18, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #4,134 of 4,754
When Linsoul sent my Monarchs from repair, they forgot to pack the tips. I didnt care much because i dont use the stock ones but still...
Lets be honest here- there is something really really wrong with their QC and i dont think there is any hope for them. They are just stubborn and they dont give a crap about the customer.
@Linsoul Audio you SUCK!

It’s not ideal. But if all I need is an appropriately sized mesh filter, im happy to just get one and be done with it.

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #4,136 of 4,754
Send them an Email. They should provide you with filters.
Will do as suggested if still wanna keep the oracle mkII, ask them to send you the filter, show them the photos

Mar 19, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #4,137 of 4,754
The scuff marks on your friend's oracle are exactly that - scuff marks.
Sorry but you have no clue...... you can see that the paint softened the resin surface and have been put into the package before dried out!
This looks 100% like a dissolved plastic/resin surface!

Screenshot_2023-01-31_185821.png

BTW. im one of those who got a Oracle mkII with a defective DD, so if so much ppl got problems with defective Thie´s maybe it might be that they have massive QC issues and its not that western ppl dont know how to handle IEMs?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #4,138 of 4,754
@Linsoul Audio you SUCK!
Isnt this Thieaudios fault? I assume they do the repairs, sent back to linsoul and back to you. right?

Mar 19, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #4,139 of 4,754
Isnt this Thieaudios fault? I assume they do the repairs, sent back to linsoul and back to you. right?
Thieaudio is Linsoul's company, or am im missing something? Besides, it doesnt matter, Linsoul manages all the issues and they are responsible for the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back