ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Apr 13, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #1,699 of 4,753
This will force other high end IEM manufacturers to lower their prices.
Win-win situation for us.
Agree, Especially you can buy a pair of Sonion EST for $120 USD on aliexpress, and each Knowles /Sonion BAs like $10-20. Asking $5k for just housing and tuning it right is a bit too much asking.

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #1,700 of 4,753
exciting to hear Oracle/Excalibur! My next IEM on radar, probably this time I'd go Clairvoyance type.
The Excalibur (which is more V-shaped) has been the more anticipated one so far it appears. I would be more interested in the Oracle tuning, except it looks like the pinna gain starts way too late, closer to 2KHz. Of course who knows how reliable the promo graphs are, and all that matters is how they sound. I’m sure they will both be great.

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #1,701 of 4,753
The Excalibur (which is more V-shaped) has been the more anticipated one so far it appears. I would be more interested in the Oracle tuning, except it looks like the pinna gain starts way too late, closer to 2KHz. Of course who knows how reliable the promo graphs are, and all that matters is how they sound. I’m sure they will both be great.
It would be more interesting if they add Monarch and Clair to the graph too! Any ETAs? As someone mentioned from the unconfirmed source that it might be a 5 driver, which it comes to my mind that Thieaudio might be looking at DUNU EST112 (1DD+1BA+2EST) at $400-500 range competitions.

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #1,702 of 4,753
Honestly, I thought this at first as well. Not sure how much burn in time you've had with your Monarchs or which tips/cable you're using, but with my combo (Spiral Dot eartips, 2.5mm Silver cable and EQ), the bass is pretty satisfying. Sub bass is superb, but I agree that mid bass is somewhat lacking. Texture is there but it mainly lives in the sub bass region. Regardless its still solid.... but it can sound better. :wink: Regarding your EQ, I think you might have EQ'ed a bit too much at 150Hz. I think you're missing some punchiness and slam. Ive found that adding about 4~5dB at 40 and 65Hz does the trick. Ive been using this EQ for a while now and I love it:

I added about 1.2db at 150Hz with a pretty loose Q value to add some body and fullness to guitars and whatnot, but also mainly to match the FR of the Blessing2 in this region. Its quite nice. But honestly, I dont need the 1.2db bump here. Its mainly for when Im listening to rock music. I also added some shimmer up top for a bit more air. It makes a difference. Give it a shot. Lemme know what you think.

I like it, bass isn't as dry anymore. Thanks!

EDIT: Although I think it's a bit too much in quantity now haha.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #1,703 of 4,753
Not possible
No such thing as too much sub bass!

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #1,704 of 4,753
I like it, bass isn't as dry anymore. Thanks!

Haha, np! But yea, I like a lot of bass. Afterall, I did come from the Campfire Atlas so I probably had that in my head when I was making that EQ. lol

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #1,705 of 4,753
So I just got the Blessing2 Dusk recently and I absolutely love it's tuning. I love it so much that I made an EQ for my Monarch to mimick the Dusk and actually sounds almost just like it but with more pronounced sub bass than the Dusk. I guess that's to be expected when you have a DD and 4 BA's solely dedicated to bass! This EQ sounds so good... Might be my new favorite. :)
15FBF0D0-F2AF-4060-B765-E922CCDFD929.png

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #1,706 of 4,753
So I just got the Blessing2 Dusk recently and I absolutely love it's tuning. I love it so much that I made an EQ for my Monarch to mimick the Dusk and actually sounds almost just like it but with more pronounced sub bass than the Dusk. I guess that's to be expected when you have a DD and 4 BA's solely dedicated to bass! This EQ sounds so good... Might be my new favorite. :)
You kind of created your own version of the Clairvoyance?

0AA64FDE-3E6A-4C14-B471-61E1F7B2300D.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #1,707 of 4,753
You kind of created your own version of the Clairvoyance?

0AA64FDE-3E6A-4C14-B471-61E1F7B2300D.jpeg
Lol yea I looked at that graph too. But I had an EQ to make the Monarchs sound like the Clairs but for some reason I like the Dusk EQ better.

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #1,709 of 4,753
The more i read about the Clairvoyance and the more i look at it's frequency graph, the closer i come to pulling the trigger on them!
Or maybe wait for additional info about Oracle/excalibur, in case thieaudio changes mind and decided to have those two as upgraded of monarch/clair? I’m also very toward ordering Clairvoyance.

Apr 15, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #1,710 of 4,753
Or maybe wait for additional info about Oracle/excalibur, in case thieaudio changes mind and decided to have those two as upgraded of monarch/clair? I’m also very toward ordering Clairvoyance.
Very true!
However i assumed that the Oracle and Excalibur wouldn't be as good as the Monarch and Clairvoyance, seeing as the Oracle and Excalibur are both cheaper and have less drives than the Monarch and Clairvoyance.
However like you said, it doesn't hurt to watch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back