ThieAudio Oracle's Power Drain
Apr 11, 2022 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bLitzkreEp

New Head-Fier
I have a question for all the audio guru's here... I just got back into the audio game late last year...
My last setup before I stopped, dabbling in audio was a iPod5G + RSA Predator AMP... lol... So it's been awhile...

Recently I got back into the game... I've been enjoying listening to Apple's lossless library on my M11 Plus LTD...
I own just 2 IEM's & one pair of earbuds.. I've got the ThieAudio Oracle's, Kinera Skuld's and NewBSound32Pro's..

Now when I use my Oracle's with my M11, the battery drain is really something else... It's very noticable... With my Skuld's and 32Pro's the battery drain is much slower...

I'm already running my M11 on low gain because I mainly use IEM's... Now with my Skuld's when no audio is playing after awhile I hear like a little pop, like the Skuld's turned themselves off.. I dont here that with the Oracle's... So are they constantly pulling power even when not playing music?

Long story short, do tri-brids suck way more power? How should I go about sorting this issue out? Should I get a headphone amp like the Topping NX7 and stack it with my M11 Plus LTD? Or get a Shanling EM5 for desktop use?

I mainly listen to music whilst in front of my PC..

May 24, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 3
Not having a modern dap, I can only assume that it's the dap software that is at fault here. I assume it activates when your Thieaudio cable is connected and doesn't disconnect when no music is played. I suppose it does disconnect with your Kinera. The player shouldn't draw from the battery unless it plays music (though it does draw all the time just by being on, of course). Headphones don't draw from the batteries just by being connected. It's how high or low the volume is that determines how fast the battery gets depleted and if a headphone has a high impedance rating, it will require more power. I can't find the impedance for the Oracle, though. Sensitivity is 106dB/mW(@1KHz). Kinera Skuld is rated 23 ohm, 120±2db.

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #3 of 3
IEMS dont turn themselves off or on. They are passive. Your amp/dap is probably adjusting the power output for impedance. Again, IEMs have no way to do anything but play audio signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back