ThieAudio Monarch.... OR is it
Sep 29, 2021 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bkew

New Head-Fier
Dont have many IEM's but I decided to purchase the ThieAudio Monarch (Did buy it from a reputable place) baed on hearing them recently.

They showed up today.

My listening bliss left as quick as I opened the box.. In one image you can see the box is labeled as the Monarch . Open and its the Clairvoyance. I heard the Monarch and Clar a month or so back and was on the fence of buying another higher $$ IEM but they sounded sooo good to me.

That noted I did have to test to be sure. I tried 2-3 songs using my Kann Alpha. (used my own tips) Played songs I know that have strong sub bass / extension and there was almost nothing. I mean nothing lol, my Blessing 2's have more bass and extension and they are not the Dusk version. The detail / positioning though was incredible using the Kann Alpha so if your into that then the Clair/Kann could be your setup =)

IEM's I have is the Meze Penta, OG Solaris and of course the B2's.

Bummed out but shows QC going on right now with ThieAudio. Also it came with hard plastic case? Is that new?

20210929_174556.jpg
20210929_174520.jpg

My

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Dont have many IEM's but I decided to purchase the ThieAudio Monarch (Did buy it from a reputable place) baed on hearing them recently.

They showed up today.

My listening bliss left as quick as I opened the box.. In one image you can see the box is labeled as the Monarch . Open and its the Clairvoyance. I heard the Monarch and Clar a month or so back and was on the fence of buying another higher $$ IEM but they sounded sooo good to me.

That noted I did have to test to be sure. I tried 2-3 songs using my Kann Alpha. (used my own tips) Played songs I know that have strong sub bass / extension and there was almost nothing. I mean nothing lol, my Blessing 2's have more bass and extension and they are not the Dusk version. The detail / positioning though was incredible using the Kann Alpha so if your into that then the Clair/Kann could be your setup =)

IEM's I have is the Meze Penta, OG Solaris and of course the B2's.

Bummed out but shows QC going on right now with ThieAudio. Also it came with hard plastic case? Is that new?

My
My Clairvoyance has some very strange stuff going on too - sometimes the bass completely disappears, and the sound becomes very hollow. It happens on both earpieces at the same time.

I tried different sources, eartips, same effect (made sure I had a seal too). It's almost as if certain audio input causes the dynamic drivers to get "stuck" or something, but they eventually come back. Very weird. Sucks, because the Clairvoyances are such a blast to listen to (when the bass is working).

My Monarch MK IIs do not have this problem, been great so far.

Definitely recommend returning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back