Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Sep 27, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #301 of 691
Mest is for soundstage-imaging freak. Seriously one of the best imaging I've ever heard on an IEM. A technicality showup sets.
They definitely will be hated from timbre lovers.
The details, clean and crispness are beyond naturalness. This is maybe the major cons of the Mests.
Because of too forward lower trebles, especially the 6khz.
But they have great clean bass with zero bleeding and tactile, but Z1R still hold the best bass for me.

You got to try yourself since you already tried many TOTL IEMs as well.

Sep 27, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #302 of 691
Had to chime in on the topic of the MMk3 bass, too. As I’ve been listening to them over the last month, I am still enamored by its quantity and quality. My A12t still puts out more quantity, but it doesn’t hold a candle to the quality of the MMk3 bass. It’s tight, punchy, well-textured, even, and just a ton of fun. Still stand by the MMk3 being my favorite listening device, thus far.

Sep 27, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #303 of 691
Had to chime in on the topic of the MMk3 bass, too. As I’ve been listening to them over the last month, I am still enamored by its quantity and quality. My A12t still puts out more quantity, but it doesn’t hold a candle to the quality of the MMk3 bass. It’s tight, punchy, well-textured, even, and just a ton of fun. Still stand by the MMk3 being my favorite listening device, thus far.
100% agree on the MMk3 bass. Currently it's my favorite too, together with the VE x AK Aura (similar bass quality at 4x the price) and the UE RR (a totally different tool).

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #304 of 691
Fresh Reviews got a custom one as well:
https://twitter.com/FreshReviewsYT/status/1706785661464858803
chrome_LcFsoBcrAE.png

Oct 1, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #305 of 691
Did some tip-rolling with the MMK3 today. Like many people, I found the treble a bit too much. I also found the mid-bass, though well-textured, a little too boomy.

In such case the name of the solution is MMk2 😂...

I tried the mk2 and mk3 yesterday. I did find mk3 treble a bit much so I ended up grabbing a used mk2 instead for $660USD converted. First time going through this thread so I laughed upon seeing these posts.

I like the mk3 cables better. I wouldn't say mk3's sound is a direct upgrade of the mk2. Both do some things a little better than the other so it really boils down to preference. It's very possible to like mk2 over the mk3 but just because mk3 is newer doesnt mean mk2 is less. Mk2 will be cheaper in aftermarket price though.

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #306 of 691
Nice! I like that there are options for both, with the Mk2 and Mk3. I liked just a little bit more treble energy, which is why I like the Mk3. Plus the improvements to the bass and sub bass, including detail and texture, really sold me on the Mk3.

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #307 of 691
20231003_140936.jpg

My new all-rounders. I've gone through most of my testing playlist (just representative tracks of all the genres I listen to) and all of them sounded incredible on the MMK3s.
Definitely not for those who don't like elevated bass and treble though. I'm actually liking the EST sizzle, this is my first set with ESTs.
My room has crappy lighting and I can't take good photos but I promise y'all they look ✨amazing✨

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #308 of 691
20231003_140936.jpg
My new all-rounders. I've gone through most of my testing playlist (just representative tracks of all the genres I listen to) and all of them sounded incredible on the MMK3s.
Definitely not for those who don't like elevated bass and treble though. I'm actually liking the EST sizzle, this is my first set with ESTs.
My room has crappy lighting and I can't take good photos but I promise y'all they look ✨amazing✨
Congrats! On the subject of ESTs - what I love about good hq ESTs is that they always sound organic and smooth, not harsh, even if the treble is boosted to balance with punchier sub-bass.

Oct 5, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #309 of 691
Hey guys. How would you compare the MK2 or 3 to full size headphones? I have the Arya Organic and I wanted to know if it would be a sound upgrade or not? I’m mostly listening music or play video games at home?

Oct 5, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #310 of 691
Hey guys. How would you compare the MK2 or 3 to full size headphones? I have the Arya Organic and I wanted to know if it would be a sound upgrade or not? I’m mostly listening music or play video games at home?
I have Monarch 2 and Ananda Stealth. IEM sounds really different from headphone.

With an open back headphone like Arya, you will get a wide soundstage and a lot of thump along with details.

Monarch 2 being an IEM is music playing inside your head. It has good micro and macro details and has a wide soundstage for an IEM but again we can not compare it with a headphone. Monarch 2 is an intimate experience and a fantastic IEM.

This is best I can do with my limited knowledge.

Oct 5, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #311 of 691
I don't know what the Arya Organic sounds like but compared to my headphones I find IEMs better at retrieving micro details and isolating noise. Headphones I find more comfortable when playing for a long time but I still use my IEM here and there for different experience. Headphones bass is also different. Theyre different enough for me to keep both.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #314 of 691
What headphones are you using? So for competitive shooters you would give the edge to the MK3?
Just wondering if it’s worth to spend again so much money on an IEM 😬
I avoid IEM whenever there's voice chat involved. IEMs are not very forgiving from screaming children lol

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #315 of 691
Similarly to moving from speakers to headphones, completely different presentation.
They are good for portability and isolation. If situation does not call for either, full size headphones always win.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back