Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Aug 31, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #181 of 696
Aug 31, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #182 of 696
Whoopsie! Should have screenshotted it (I saw it too)
I stand corrected. I don't know how they made 4BA sound like the Crimson.

I've never heard Storm's bass, but by acclamation, it's supposedly the best BA bass. Assuming that it's better than Crimson's, Crimson's has to be the second best BA bass. It's certainly better than the U12t's IMO.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #184 of 696
I stand corrected. I don't know how they made 4BA sound like the Crimson.

I've never heard Storm's bass, but by acclamation, it's supposedly the best BA bass. Assuming that it's better than Crimson's, Crimson's has to be the second best BA bass. It's certainly better than the U12t's IMO.

Well who knows, maybe it was a misprint and they were just correcting it.

Thank you for all the impressions btw. You are clear, concise, and easy to understand. I'm kinda leaning towards Monarch or DTE900...

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #185 of 696
Well who knows, maybe it was a misprint and they were just correcting it.

Thank you for all the impressions btw. You are clear, concise, and easy to understand. I'm kinda leaning towards Monarch or DTE900...
Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised though. Symphonium/Subtonic have been redefining what's possible with BAs.

You're welcome, thank you for the compliment. Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it immensely.

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #186 of 696
Just bought Monarch Mk3 today at the shop (impulsive buy). Initially i planned to buy a new DAP since i wanna settle with CCA CRA for a bit (after selling my MMk2 and wanna save some money).

At first i listened to it with my Corier Eartips, like many said i found the trebble is a bit too much. Then i use it with my Azla Max and I feel its just right to my ear. Thats when i decided to buy it. Plan to keep even tho my wallet is critical 😂

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #187 of 696
Just bought Monarch Mk3 today at the shop (impulsive buy). Initially i planned to buy a new DAP since i wanna settle with CCA CRA for a bit (after selling my MMk2 and wanna save some money).

At first i listened to it with my Corier Eartips, like many said i found the trebble is a bit too much. Then i use it with my Azla Max and I feel its just right to my ear. Thats when i decided to buy it. Plan to keep even tho my wallet is critical 😂
If I find a person sleeping on the streets with MMK3s in their ears, I'll know it's you.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #189 of 696
Do you think these are a good upgrade from the moondrop S8s?
I think so. The Monarch 3 has a colored tonality like the S8 does. It also has the S8's forward vocals and well-extended treble, a much improved bass over the S8, and better dynamics and techs.

Not that you asked about the Monarch 2, but I think the Monarch 3 is a more natural progression from the S8 than the Monarch 2 is.

Sep 2, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #190 of 696
Just got them an hour ago after returning the Orcale MKII. They are literally perfect. Soundstage is so wide, Bass on point, Elevated treble which i really like

Attachments

• F5C_33vWoAA57bE.jpeg
    F5C_33vWoAA57bE.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 0
  • F5C7RfiWYAAiK2k.jpeg
    F5C7RfiWYAAiK2k.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 0
  • F5C7RflXgAAwVL5.jpeg
    F5C7RflXgAAwVL5.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 0
Sep 3, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #192 of 696
Currently I'm using the UM Mext (really enjoy the bass and overall presentation), does anyone have any idea if the Monarch Mk3 would be a suitable upgrade over the Mext?
I have both the Mext and Monarch MK2. The improvements they have made in the MK3 is mainly with bass. They have added a bit more treble to balance the huge bass and made MK3 more musical.
I personally feel that it will be a worthy upgrade over Mext.

Sep 3, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #193 of 696
Honeymoon period. Could this be true love? (At the rate of new stuffs keep coming out, most likely no, hence why we stay single because we keep looking there could be a better one? That, or settle and appreciate what u have. Or be rich and have it all 😆)
IMG_0185.jpeg
IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

Sep 3, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #194 of 696
Monarch Mk III have the best tuning of all audio transducers of any price, any time, currently.

I haven't try them yet but looking from the graph, I really dare to say that.
I own the MkII and several high ends IEM and had experience with other more expensive sets but I have to congrats Thieaudio for the tuning.
With upgrade bass quality and implementation, I believe they are great IEM even I haven't try them yet.

My only concern is the big shell, bigger than MkII.

Sep 3, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #195 of 696
Monarch Mk III have the best tuning of all audio transducers of any price, any time, currently.

I haven't try them yet but looking from the graph, I really dare to say that.
I own the MkII and several high ends IEM and had experience with other more expensive sets but I have to congrats Thieaudio for the tuning.
With upgrade bass quality and implementation, I believe they are great IEM even I haven't try them yet.

My only concern is the big shell, bigger than MkII.
I kinda agree, though only graph-wise as well. Prior to MMK3, I didn't have many choices for an all-rounder IEM that fits my preferences. Spent days looking at graphs of so many IEMs and wasn't particularly satisfied with any (at least, the ones below like $2.5k in price lol). Then the MkIII got released and I saw the initial impressions and the graphs, especially compared to MkII, and I knew that we have a winner. Was particularly concerned with the bass as I've seen many complaints about MkII's bass, but the same people who reviewed MkII have noted the improvement so I'm pretty confident. (HBB for example gave MkII a 5 for bass, MkIII is a 7)

I have enough IEMs with me to be able to gauge how much I might like something just by looking at the graph (obvs not a perfect solution, but it's hard to demo things). Eagerly waiting for my MMK3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back