Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Aug 31, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #166 of 769
Today arrived me the mk3..and i can say only a word..IMPRESSIVE

the best abilities of the mk2 with the great improvement of bass and sub-bass.
U sound, totally addictive

It's worth 3/4 times more than they cost... I'm in love with these iems.

Best cable ,and best modular connectors

well done Thieaudio

IMG_9495.jpegIMG_9494.jpegIMG_9493.jpeg

best regards

Sisco

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #167 of 769
I recently received Monarch mk2 on a trade and they didn't fit well so I sold them right away. But I was disappointed, after hearing all the high praise they didn't live up to the hype for me. I've read some comparisons but the mk3 seems to be getting mixed reviews. I wanna try it but now I'm not sure after hearing the mk2.

The mk2 bass wasn't great, I found it lacking. It seems like the Mk3 has fixed this but how much difference in the bass is there? I honestly like the SoundRhyme DTE500 better than the mk2.
If it’s the specifically the bass on the MMK3 you’re worried about after being disappointed by the MMK2’s, you have nothing to worry about.

The MMK3 has a fantastic bass.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #168 of 769
Thinking about buying these but I mostly listen to Death Metal and the like. I'm also a lover of great bass and Z's review made them sound like mini subwoofers which sounds interesting.

Do they need anything crazy to power them?

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #169 of 769
If it’s the specifically the bass on the MMK3 you’re worried about after being disappointed by the MMK2’s, you have nothing to worry about.

The MMK3 has a fantastic bass.

Crimson, Singularity, or Monarch 3? All three are on my radar, along with the SR DTE900. I would feel like a simp if I owned all three Monarchs, but that won't necessarily stop me lol.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #170 of 769
Crimson, Singularity, or Monarch 3? All three are on my radar, along with the SR DTE900. I would feel like a simp if I owned all three Monarchs, but that won't necessarily stop me lol.
Depends on your criteria but personally I'd be between Monarch 3 and Crimson.

Singularity is a good IEM but it lacks technicalities for $1300. For its price, it doesn't resolve well and its soundstaging/imaging is sub-par. It has a great bass, is very well-tuned, and has a pleasant tonality though. I think it could use more treble energy as well.

I'd go Monarch 3 if you're really into vocals, and Crimson for bass and incredible soundstaging.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #171 of 769
Haven't seen any information online, does anyone have measurements for the nozzle tips on the MK3's? Want to try tip-rolling but definitely believe the 3.6 nozzle width on Azla Crystal Standard's is way too small and unsure if the 4.5 Azla Light Short would fit.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #172 of 769
Haven't seen any information online, does anyone have measurements for the nozzle tips on the MK3's? Want to try tip-rolling but definitely believe the 3.6 nozzle width on Azla Crystal Standard's is way too small and unsure if the 4.5 Azla Light Short would fit.
Pretty sure that it's the same as MK2 which fits Azla Standard just fine. With wide nozzles IEMs one size down Crystal works better for me.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #173 of 769
Anyone knows how does Monarch MK3 compare with Dune SA6 MK2?

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #175 of 769
Do you have a link to the Azla's? The only Crystals I can find are 3.6mm for standard
It's the same, 3.6mm I get them from amazon, it stretches over the nozzle.
By size down I meant that for my typical M size I had to use MS to get the same comfort level with Monarch oversized nozzle, but it all depends on individual, I'd guess.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #176 of 769
Depends on your criteria but personally I'd be between Monarch 3 and Crimson.

Singularity is a good IEM but it lacks technicalities for $1300. For its price, it doesn't resolve well and its soundstaging/imaging is sub-par. It has a great bass, is very well-tuned, and has a pleasant tonality though. I think it could use more treble energy as well.

I'd go Monarch 3 if you're really into vocals, and Crimson for bass and incredible soundstaging.

I do love my vocals. But I also love incredible soundstage. It's interesting that you pick Crimson for bass despite being BA and Monarch 3 having two DDs. I'm not criticizing you, just deducing that Crimson must truly have some very special bass.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #177 of 769
I do love my vocals. But I also love incredible soundstage. It's interesting that you pick Crimson for bass despite being BA and Monarch 3 having two DDs. I'm not criticizing you, just deducing that Crimson must truly have some very special bass.
I think Crimson bass is pretty special. Monarch 3 bass is great too.

I don't think driver configs for Crimson have come out yet (if ever). It sounds like DD bass to me but that would be a first for Symphonium.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #178 of 769
It was mentioned pretty much in every Crimson feedback thread that the treble can be a bit on a spicy side, I remember you were struggling with MK3 treble already, how does it work for you with Crimson?

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #179 of 769
It was mentioned pretty much in every Crimson feedback thread that the treble can be a bit on a spicy side, I remember you were struggling with MK3 treble already, how does it work for you with Crimson?
I found it a little spicy as well. I used my experience tip-rolling with the Monarch 3 to good use with the Crimson. I ended up using AET08s.

Other than the potentially bothersome treble, it's midrange is okay but nothing special. It's a small improvement from the Helios' though. Everything else is great.

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #180 of 769
I think Crimson bass is pretty special. Monarch 3 bass is great too.

I don't think driver configs for Crimson have come out yet (if ever). It sounds like DD bass to me but that would be a first for Symphonium.
It's 4 BA, confirmed already.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sym...the-next-standard.969469/page-3#post-17711570

EDIT: And link from that post https://zeppelinandco.com/products/symphonium-crimson had 4 BA listed under spec yesterday, and it looks like they doctored it after that. :thinking:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back