ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Oct 29, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #1,443 of 1,778
I would really like to know how the L5 compares to the Mangird Tea, as they have a really similar tuning, and are in a similar price range.

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #1,444 of 1,778
Good and brief review, sir.

Oct 31, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #1,445 of 1,778
I would have prefered more sub-bass and impact for EDM. IMO their biggest flaw is trying to please everyone. While the bass is emphasized, for me, around 1-2db sub-bass is missing. This opens up the opportunity to have really detailed mids and highs, but they pulled the upper treble back. Their strongest point is still the bass, which is clean and has strong impact for most genres. I already have some sets which have more engaging vocals and better treble presentation, making the L3 a jack of all trades for me. If you don't need exaggerated bass for EDM, the bass is the best thing about them.

Summarized, the L3 is an all-rounder for most genres. Really great for people who tend to only have one set at a time and not bad for enthusiasts to have for a relaxed listening session.
I hava pair...and the slightly recessed upper treble is bothering me...ALOT!

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #1,446 of 1,778
I hava pair...and the slightly recessed upper treble is bothering me...ALOT!
Maybe try using a smaller ear tip, or foam tips, and use a deep insertion technique. That can sometimes even out and extend the treble response of IEMs. How is the treble extension compared to the L3?

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #1,447 of 1,778
Maybe try using a smaller ear tip, or foam tips, and use a deep insertion technique. That can sometimes even out and extend the treble response of IEMs. How is the treble extension compared to the L3?
You know what...I tried some foam tips right before your response. I was just about to send them back to amazon, and voila...this worked. Thanks for the suggestion. Now the treble is more focused, more noticable and directly in the mix than it was with my Spinfits. Now I see why everyone is talking about these IEMs more so now.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #1,448 of 1,778
You know what...I tried some foam tips right before your response. I was just about to send them back to amazon, and Voila...this worked. Thanks for the suggestion. Now the treble is more focused and directly in the mix than it was with my Spinfits.
Ohhh, I thought you were talking about the Legacy 5, but I guess you were talking about the 3. Yes then, deeper insertion does help the treble response of the L3. Hope it continues to work out for you.

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #1,449 of 1,778
Ohhh, I thought you were talking about the Legacy 5, but I guess you were talking about the 3. Yes then, deeper insertion does help the treble response of the L3. Hope it continues to work out for you.
Ohhhh...you were talking about the Legacy 5. I was wondering about the last part of your post...I get it now. I wish I had the Legacy 5's to try...maybe soon. Gotta sell some stuff off first tho. Are you about to get em?

Oct 31, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #1,450 of 1,778
Ohhhh...you were talking about the Legacy 5. I was wondering about the last part of your post...I get it now. I wish I had the Legacy 5's to try...maybe soon. Gotta sell some stuff off first tho. Are you about to get em?
Probably not, b/c I already have the Mangird Tea, which seems similar. The Tea and L3 are definitely different enough to justify having both of them, so the L3 and L5 might be the same way.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #1,451 of 1,778
Nov 15, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #1,453 of 1,778
Just wrote my thoughts on the Legacy 5s, these are quite enjoyable if they are your cup of tea. Also found them quite tip dependent!
https://www.perrivanaudio.com/post/thieaudio-legacy-5-review
Wow, they look really bassy in your FR vs Crin's.
2.png

graph (2).png

Nov 15, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #1,455 of 1,778
Wow, they look really bassy in your FR vs Crin's.
2.png
graph (2).png
I'm thinking he has a calibrated mic but his output isn't calibrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back