ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Oct 12, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #1,426 of 1,778
Buy thin silicone tubing. Solves most of the tip hold problems. If you use adhesive tape, - 3M waterproof band-aid tape is a better choice as it is oil resistant. For de greasing get methanol if you can. Isopropyl alcohol dissolves oils but mixes with it. Methanol is the most brutal de-greaser. Wear gloves. Good luck...
Any of those wont hurt the resin material its made of? Even acetone?

Oct 12, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #1,427 of 1,778
I won't lie I'm actually on the horns of ordering the L5 solely because of the metal pipe. Unless there's a better alternative (in the same price bracket), maybe something with a similar sound to the L3 but a touch bassier. The Fiio FA7 is near the top of my list.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #1,428 of 1,778
I won't lie I'm actually on the horns of ordering the L5 solely because of the metal pipe. Unless there's a better alternative (in the same price bracket), maybe something with a similar sound to the L3 but a touch bassier. The Fiio FA7 is near the top of my list.
I think the L5 is similar to the Mangird Tea, which I really like, but it has less bass than the L3. It’s a bit more expensive, but right now, everyone seems to really like their LZ A7s. Just another option.

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #1,429 of 1,778
Any of those wont hurt the resin material its made of? Even acetone?
Don't use acetone! Acetone vapors may get inside IEM and change properties of the DD driver. Methanol doesn't dissolve plastics or resin. I use it at work for cleaning delicate devices and contacts. I clean all of my IEMs with it. Isopropyl alcohol is safe too but i would still try to avoid it getting inside the IEM. Concentrated isopropyl alcohol dissolves some polymers. So use 70% or below, or use Ethanol.
Also, some tips with longer stem tend to slide unless I cut the stem shorter.
Actually I think vinyl tubing might be even better. It's very clingy. I bought Fish-tank air tubing long time ago to experiment with, and that is actually what I use with my Shure 846 to fit wide bore shallow tips on it. Vinil tubing is also easy to get.

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #1,430 of 1,778
IMHO L3, and L5 have unique tuning and i wouldn't go for substitute.
(This is edit of accidental duplicate post)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #1,431 of 1,778
P1040719.JPG

My take on the Legacy 5: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/10/thieaudio-legacy-5-review.html

Oct 13, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #1,432 of 1,778
Hi all,
Can I just ask if anyone has the Legacy 5 currently on order with Linsoul and having any issues? Reason for my query is that I ordered them via Amazon (UK) on the very day they put them up for sale and it advised they had both styles IN STOCK - they advised after 3 days that they had shipped via DHL but 25 days later it still says that my package is in China (I'm aware they just had a national holiday!). I have chased this up a couple of times and seem to have been given 2 fictitious tracking numbers now - before I go ballistic at them, I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue?

Cheers

Oct 13, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #1,433 of 1,778
Hi all,
Can I just ask if anyone has the Legacy 5 currently on order with Linsoul and having any issues? Reason for my query is that I ordered them via Amazon (UK) on the very day they put them up for sale and it advised they had both styles IN STOCK - they advised after 3 days that they had shipped via DHL but 25 days later it still says that my package is in China (I'm aware they just had a national holiday!). I have chased this up a couple of times and seem to have been given 2 fictitious tracking numbers now - before I go ballistic at them, I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue?

Cheers
Sorry to hear that, i ordered on September 18th and received them on the 30th . So i'd go ballistic lol .

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #1,434 of 1,778
Hi all,

Cheers
If you have Discord hop on their channel:

https://discord.gg/5yfHcAu

The customer support on there is superior to their webchat and email customer service. PM "Deng" with your order number on there for an update.

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #1,435 of 1,778
If you have Discord hop on their channel:

https://discord.gg/5yfHcAu

The customer support on there is superior to their webchat and email customer service. PM "Deng" with your order number on there for an update.

Thanks for the info - I will give that a go later. Appreciate the help 👍🏻

Oct 23, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #1,436 of 1,778
8 months after ordering this nightmare l3 iem, i setled for a partial refund of 75 dollar with dd store... they made me send the iem back because they wanted to check ( do there qc job after u get fckeed i guess ). So now the package is lost and i dont have my money or an iem. After 8 months and losts of shouts i got them to send me 75 dollar... crap customer service and poor poor qc . My l3 was complete trash no bass no decent sound

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #1,438 of 1,778

Users who are viewing this thread

Back