ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jul 23, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #1,051 of 1,778
I edited my post but in the meantime you responded to my first comment....
Most of the time balanced is preferred as DAP units often provide about twice as much power or more via balanced. Otherwise balanced has some grounding benefits that might provide a lower noise threshold. But since the BGVP will draw power from the phone it is really unlikely that any more power will be delivered.
More power = better sound quality ?

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #1,052 of 1,778
Not necessarily.
Balanced can sound better, particularly with an iem that needs the power to drive it well (high impedance). The L3 is pretty sensitive and really doesn't need much power to drive well. Balanced can sound better with imaging as there isn't a common ground, so better left/right separation and signal-to-noise ratio.

It's always a good thing to think of good audio as a chain. Every link can make an incremental amount of better quality, but reversely, all the links are important and contribute to the best possible high fidelity--if any link is weak you can't get there.
Some of most important attributes are: the quality of the actual recording, the mixing, the mastering, the conversion (analog>digital or compression quality), the player (the DAC, the preamp, the power amp), the wiring, the sound transducer (speaker, iem). Then, your ears, and brain.

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,053 of 1,778
Not necessarily.
Balanced can sound better, particularly with an iem that needs the power to drive it well (high impedance). The L3 is pretty sensitive and really doesn't need much power to drive well. Balanced can sound better with imaging as there isn't a common ground, so better left/right separation and signal-to-noise ratio.

It's always a good thing to think of good audio as a chain. Every link can make an incremental amount of better quality, but reversely, all the links are important and contribute to the best possible high fidelity--if any link is weak you can't get there.
Some of most important attributes are: the quality of the actual recording, the mixing, the mastering, the conversion (analog>digital or compression quality), the player (the DAC, the preamp, the power amp), the wiring, the sound transducer (speaker, iem). Then, your ears, and brain.
Not necessarily.

Amen :) & thanx

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #1,054 of 1,778
I've been in contact with them for the past 4 months in which I dont blame them for the slow shipping, the world is already in bad shape because of covid.. but i dont really like the way they handle things.. im tired and not going to bother with the $10. I dont think ill be ordering from them again any time soon. Sorry guys just venting ... ill come back in due time for what I think of it. I hear a lot of qc issues and variances but so far I dont hear imbalance in mine or driver flex. My serial number is 059 so im assuming its the earlier batches20200723_104438.jpg20200723_104511.jpg
Wow...#059.... How did that happen??? I ordered waaaaay long time ago 1 week after the BGGAR review and I got #083...I also got the clockworks from linsoul.

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #1,055 of 1,778
Haha, nope!

Edit: I think we should have a contest of who has the best looking clockwork design! (I already lost, though :sweat_smile:).
Wow...#059.... How did that happen??? I ordered waaaaay long time ago 1 week after the BGGAR review and I got #083...I also got the clockworks from linsoul.
I wonder how that works. I ordered around mid April through Amazon and got #024.

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #1,056 of 1,778
I have #16 in the clockworks and I have driver flex on the right side.
0424201720.jpg

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #1,057 of 1,778
Jul 24, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #1,058 of 1,778
Sorry to hear that, I was strongly considering returning mine but once they are in my ears securely they don't pop, even while chewing or moving my jaw. Still pops when I touch it lightly.

I have contacted DD Audio (bought through local platform instead of linsoul) and got it refunded. Customer service officer also told me not to send the IEM back. So free, defective Legacy 3 I guess.

Should I try to buy another pair and hope no driver flex? Or go for something similar like Shozy Form 1.4? I do like the Legacy 3 sound (compared to my Tin T4s).

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #1,060 of 1,778
I have contacted DD Audio (bought through local platform instead of linsoul) and got it refunded. Customer service officer also told me not to send the IEM back. So free, defective Legacy 3 I guess.

Should I try to buy another pair and hope no driver flex? Or go for something similar like Shozy Form 1.4? I do like the Legacy 3 sound (compared to my Tin T4s).
I think it's worth getting another set and giving them another go.

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #1,061 of 1,778

skip the legacy 3 and get the ibasso it00 instead

**edit: actually, scratch that. the it00's have driver flex, but the SQ is amazing -- easily the blon 03 successor. A different price point, I know, from the legacy 3, but I have both and I'd pick the it00 over them all.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #1,063 of 1,778

So, your Legacy 3‘s defect is just the driver flex? So as long as you remain still, it sounds okay? I guess the main question is, how do you like the sound when there is not popping? You may want to use a needle and very carefully check and see that there is nothing obstructing the vents or the nozzles.

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #1,064 of 1,778
:darthsmile:
skip the legacy 3 and get the ibasso it00 instead

**edit: actually, scratch that. the it00's have driver flex, but the SQ is amazing -- easily the blon 03 successor. A different price point, I know, from the legacy 3, but I have both and I'd pick the it00 over them all.

Thanks for recommending it00. I will check it out.
So, your Legacy 3‘s defect is just the driver flex? So as long as you remain still, it sounds okay? I guess the main question is, how do you like the sound when there is not popping? You may want to use a needle and very carefully check and see that there is nothing obstructing the vents or the nozzles.

If i stay still, sounds great. But i still move a little at times and it goes pop. Annoying. Thanks, I'll see if i can poke a needle in and check for any blockage. Hope that'll stop the pops.

I'm now thinking of just pulling trigger for Mangrid Tea iems instead. Mid focused and a little lighter bass than Legacy 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back