ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jul 13, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #916 of 1,778
That should be *mid BASS *. LOL😂
:joy: The best part is that you didn’t edit/correct it! It’s perfect just the way it is, b/c that can be a real problem with some people.

The tacky Xelastec tips may be perfect for holding the BL03 securely in your ears. They do conform better over time with body heat. I did find that the mid bass sounded punchier on the BL03 to me, but not more boomy. I didn’t notice any negative consequences in the bass with the BL03. I thought the treble sounded a bit brighter and splashier, which may or may not be a good thing. Getting 3 different sizes, usual, +, and - is a good idea b/c depending on the IEM shape and depth of insertion you may need different sizes for different IEMs.

Jul 13, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #917 of 1,778
:joy: The best part is that you didn’t edit/correct it! It’s perfect just the way it is, b/c that can be a real problem with some people.

The tacky Xelastec tips may be perfect for holding the BL03 securely in your ears. They do conform better over time with body heat. I did find that the mid bass sounded punchier on the BL03 to me, but not more boomy. I didn’t notice any negative consequences in the bass with the BL03. I thought the treble sounded a bit brighter and splashier, which may or may not be a good thing. Getting 3 different sizes, usual, +, and - is a good idea b/c depending on the IEM shape and depth of insertion you may need different sizes for different IEMs.
Yeah, I started to just edit it, but thought I would leave it so my typo mistake could be seen. 🤣

I'll prob go ahead and try the 3-size pack out, still pretty happy with the tips I got on the L3 actually, could possibly be helpful on the blon03, as I've tried a gazillion tips on it.

On another tip topic, did get my wife (with the tiny ears) ...wait, my wife who HAS tiny ears, not another wife... the Final Audio iems, and she can wear them, but only with the SS tips. So, this is the first time she has ever heard an iem, the only time one has ever fit into her ears, and she is escatic! Loves them. I took a listen to them and they're not horrible for the price, but not what we are used to. But I'm happy for her, as they sound good to her and she is able to enjoy an iem for the first time in her life! The Final Audio tips are actually pretty good, and seriously that is the smallest iem and the smallest tips I've ever seen, nothing any bigger would be able to fit in her ears. Thanks for the help. I'll look into some etymotic or other possibilities in the future for her.

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #922 of 1,778
Have you tried one of them NF Audio earphone ?
Yes, the NA2. Very well balanced, smooth, fun, and very detailed. Just an all-around great IEM. Soundstage, imaging, upper treble extension are better on the L3, at least with my samples, and to my ears.

Jul 15, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #924 of 1,778
Thanks man. And who's more detailed, the NA2 or the L3 ?
NA2 reveals a bit more micro details overall, but I hear a little more treble detail with the L3.

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #927 of 1,778
Whats the difference between the NF Audio NM2 and NF Audio NA2 ?
I don‘t have the NM2 currently, but from asking around and reading, it seems that the NM2 is a bit more reference tuned, to be more neutral, with a bit less boosted bass, and more extended treble. The NA2 is more relaxed and warm it seems. There is a lot of bass that the NA2 can put out, so I’m sure there is still plenty of bass in the NM2.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #928 of 1,778
I’ve been meaning to comment on this for a while, as I’d imagine most people here weren’t so happy with my L3 review. Myself and some others have criticized the L3, but I do think the mixed impressions might also have a lot to do with unit variation. Antdroid himself has experienced this first-hand more than anyone, as he's graphed three or four separate L3s (his first one had a different tuning on each side). All of them have had different frequency responses to varying degrees. And to this effect, he definitely prefers some iterations more than the others with the CIEM being the best.

unknown.PNG

So my problem with the L3 lies not strictly with it's tuning/technical performance, but more so the unit variance that seems to be present. It seems like there's some good apples and some bad apples out there. Like it or not, just going off the data at hand, there's clearly something up. And as a prospective buyer myself of the CIEM, it feels like a lottery.

Furthermore, I generally understand technicalities and the FR to be mutually exclusive. But I've also noticed that most people don't seem to be affected by the timbre issues with only a few outliers like myself, Banbeu, and another reviewer friend mentioning it. And just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I confirmed with the kind person who lent me their L3. It'd be pretty tough to not notice IMHO, so maybe there's some correlation with the unit variation.

If these issues didn't exist, then I think a lot of my problems with the L3's technical chops would be mostly attenuated. Or I'd at least find it decent for the price and a safe recommendation; some of the versions also have more treble extension which was another of my gripes.
I think i have the yellow line.
My l3 is a complete garbage boring iem compared to my urbanfun ybf. Even if prefer this less bass the overal tonality is a joke to me. While i had soo high expectations from thieaudio.. rip
Running stock cable foamtips 0.0 dip on se dx160

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #929 of 1,778
I think i have the yellow line.
My l3 is a complete garbage boring iem compared to my urbanfun ybf. Even if prefer this less bass the overal tonality is a joke to me. While i had soo high expectations from thieaudio.. rip
Running stock cable foamtips 0.0 dip on se dx160

I wonder if the switches have been wired differently from unit to unit? anyway it is explained this seems to be a major QC failure.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #930 of 1,778
I wonder if the switches have been wired differently from unit to unit? anyway it is explained this seems to be a major QC failure.
My only hope is that a 4.4 balanced cable wil somehow wake it up. Will get balanced cables next week. I hear peeps comparing it the blon 03.. well my l3 just in the lows does not come close to the bass on the my blons.
Dont really dig this bs when i spend my hard earnt cash..
I say i got ripped off by thieaudio. Sorry to say but thats how i feel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back