ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jun 5, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #481 of 1,778
I have early and very good BVGP DM6/DM7 sets

Hoping you will do depth L3 Vs DM6 that I have and love. I think I was lucky one too with a decent DM6 set.

Please let me know If I’m looking at a side grade or Even something different enough to complement it. Even better if it’s a complete improvement over the DM6. Although I’m not a bass head monster I do like a good visceral textured bass that DD tend to better. Still shocked how good the DM6 bass is from a BA.

Jun 6, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #482 of 1,778
I think there is a fine line between "listenable" and resolving. I think the L3 fits into the first, listenable category. Whereas the FLC8D is more resolving, still listenable, but a bit weaker in the low end. Its all a matter of preference. I am into the idea of sidegrades lately; the search for a final TOTL seems relatively futile.

Jun 6, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #483 of 1,778
I think there is a fine line between "listenable" and resolving. I think the L3 fits into the first, listenable category. Whereas the FLC8D is more resolving, still listenable, but a bit weaker in the low end. Its all a matter of preference. I am into the idea of sidegrades lately; the search for a final TOTL seems relatively futile.

Yes. There is no IEM that is the best at everything. It’s all tradeoffs, and that’s why I’ll likely never just have one IEM that I listen to. However, I think some people are fortunate enough to find the IEM that is the “best” for them. Right now, the L3 is the closest to that for me, but I’m also a realist, and know that it’s clearly not the best technically, or really the ”best“ in any particular area. I just don’t find that it has any notable weaknesses for my tastes.

The IEM that currently has most of my attention is the Mangird Tea. That graph from BGGAR is just so alluring.

Jun 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #484 of 1,778
If anyone has or gets the Moondrop Blessing 2 and the ThieAudio Legacy 3, I would be very interested in a detailed comparison.
Same here! Haven't found any comparison on the net yet. I ordered a B2 today, so I'll be able to say in about a week.

Jun 6, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #485 of 1,778
Same here! Haven't found any comparison on the net yet. I ordered a B2 today, so I'll be able to say in about a week.
I look forward to it.

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #486 of 1,778
So my SHP9500 came in; I will try to summarize as short as possible. I believe they are amazing for the age they were released in. Sadly, they lack micro detail when compared to my L3's. The mids are only better on the SHP9500 when you EQ it. That being said they are amazing cans to this day, but I prefer my L3's for almost any song out there. I think the L3's micro detail really spoiled my ears, a odd thing that I find is that the soundstage doesn't seem a huge difference between both. I love both but it is not a matter of only preferring portability anymore; it's simply a fact that the L3's are better in my opinion. AMA.

Attachments

• 20200606_181241.jpg
    20200606_181241.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #487 of 1,778
odd thing that I find is that the soundstage doesn't seem a huge difference
As long as the soundstage is at least medium-sized, and the imaging & layering is excellent, that's perfectly fine for me in games. I probably prefer a large size soundstage, though, over medium or enormous. My next headphone will be HD800, so I'll know what enormous is like lol. I've tried K702, Q701, K712, which are probably large-to-XL size, but I did not like the "shape"/distancing of those soundstages. SHP9500 was pretty meh, I thiought. =p Along with MA900.

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #489 of 1,778
As long as the soundstage is at least medium-sized, and the imaging & layering is excellent, that's perfectly fine for me in games. I probably prefer a large size soundstage, though, over medium or enormous. My next headphone will be HD800, so I'll know what enormous is like lol. I've tried K702, Q701, K712, which are probably large-to-XL size, but I did not like the "shape"/distancing of those soundstages. SHP9500 was pretty meh, I thiought. =p Along with MA900.

I'm going to be using these SHP9500's for gaming because for music they're not as impressive. Let us know how the HD800's compare to the L3's. (I am interested in knowing how they stack up in terms of sound quality.)

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #490 of 1,778
Hi everyone! First of all apologize for my English, since it is not my first language and also I'm new in this Chi-fi world. The Thieaudio L3 use a 2 pin 0.78mm or a QDC connector? I want to buy a replacement cable but I cant find a good cable from aliexpress, Any recomendation?

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #491 of 1,778
Hi everyone! First of all apologize for my English, since it is not my first language and also I'm new in this Chi-fi world. The Thieaudio L3 use a 2 pin 0.78mm or a QDC connector? I want to buy a replacement cable but I cant find a good cable from aliexpress, Any recomendation?
You can you use either one, however depending on the color model, they can come with one or the other. Both connectors have .78mm pins. I have the Mystique coming my way, and they come with the QDC connector.

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #492 of 1,778
I want to buy a replacement cable but I cant find a good cable from aliexpress, Any recomendation?
I like the Tripowin cables, either the C8 or Zonie 16. They‘re available with all types of plugs and connectors, and are a good basic cable IMO,

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #493 of 1,778
I just noticed that Crin already has the L3 measured, and the graph is up on his site.

565B347A-054F-4ADF-AEB7-85FD2E2B2CAF.png

The L3 really is like a BL03 with less bass (especially mid bass).

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #495 of 1,778
S2 Measurement of BL03 with L3 0,2 Setting tells the better story, because bass amounts are not that close

1591645127325.png
Yeah, the quantity of bass is not at all similar, audibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back