ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
May 11, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #106 of 1,778
Anyway I paid $10 for express shipping and it supposedly will arrive soon (like Friday). I hope the treble is not too rolled off; that seems to be the main controversy on these.

I hope for you that the provided information is real. I have ordered on the 30th of april on Aliexpress, the order got processed on the 6th of may and DD-Audio (=Linsoul) attached a trackingnumber to the order. Till today it has not physically shipped out yet. Asked them yesterday about an estimation but no reply received yet. I have ordered the clockworks version. Seems like they do not have enough stock.

May 11, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #107 of 1,778
Can someone confirm 100% if DD-AUDIO are LinSoul ?

I messaged DD-Audio If I can swap the 3.5 cable to 2.5mm balanced to which they said no problem. Said it was the exact same cable quality as 3.5mm.

Other option is to buy MMCX to 2Pin adapters to use with a high quality 2.5mm mmcx cable that I already have.

May 12, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #109 of 1,778
Mine has just been shipped. I don't know if it has anything to do with me messaging them. I did not get an reply though but there is activity in the tracking.

May 12, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #110 of 1,778
Mine has just been shipped. I don't know if it has anything to do with me messaging them. I did not get an reply though but there is activity in the tracking.
I don’t think so. I was told by them that they had my order ready to ship when I asked them 1-2 weeks ago, but that they were just waiting on DHL. Then I get a notification/tracking info from DHL out of the blue. I give Linsoul the benefit of the doubt.

May 12, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #111 of 1,778
Received mine and I like them more than DM6. Any recommendations for tips? I’m using the smallest stock one and they feel really stiff in my ears and uncomfortable. My carry case was borne btw, would’ve preferred the black

Can you take a photo of them side by side? Great to read comparison about size, fitment and comfort between L3 and DM6.

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #112 of 1,778
First of all a little bit of background on me and my IEM and headphone history. I started this hobby with a Audio Technica M40, really liked the detail that they produced Then I wanted something with more bass, so I sold my audio technica m40's and bought some Philips SHP9500. I remember how mind blown I was by the SHP9500's I really loved them to the end. two years later they ended up being damaged by my dog. After that I stopped this hobby for more than a year. I ran into a video claiming that the TFZ Galaxy T2 is a bargain for the price; I ended up buying a pair of TFZ Galaxy T2. I was totally blown away by the them, everything about them seemed perfect with foam tips. Then I am not sure if it was that they stopped producing the same quality of audio or what, but I wanted to try something better. So I ran across Bad Guy Good Audio reviews. Since his music library is a lot like mine, I felt like I had no other choice but to buy the Thieaudio L3's.

Everything positive about these IEM's is spot on. Now, I do wish it brought a different cable. The cable that it comes with hugs my ears to death. My favorite tips so far are SendnaEarfit. Stock tips in all sizes get stuck in my ears. Spinfits CP100's are good, but I find the bass to feel nicer with the SendnaEarfit's. I feel like ear tips is a personal preference thing . Moral of the story is that don't count on the stock tips to give you a good experience. I have my switches on the down, down position. Also these things are extremely light weight. Edit: I would like to add that these IEM's seem to be beautiful in all colors.

Does any one know any cables that that can be adjusted?

On futher note: I can't wait until someone shares a awesome EQ for it. It is an amazing IEM for the price, but I know it has what it takes to be better.

Attachments

• 20200512_183439.jpg
    20200512_183439.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200512_221335.jpg
    20200512_221335.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200512_222220.jpg
    20200512_222220.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #113 of 1,778
On futher note: I can't wait until someone shares a awesome EQ for it. It is an amazing IEM for the price, but I know it has what it takes to be better.

When using my ES100 I bump up 31.5hz by 1.5db, 63hz by .5db, 8khz by 1db, and 16khz by 1.5db with narrow filter bandwidth. Hope this helps :)

May 13, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #114 of 1,778
I don’t think so. I was told by them that they had my order ready to ship when I asked them 1-2 weeks ago, but that they were just waiting on DHL. Then I get a notification/tracking info from DHL out of the blue. I give Linsoul the benefit of the doubt.
My order is not shipped with DHL but with Aliexpress standard shipping (to Europe). I have received countless packages with Aliexpress standard shipping and the tracking only shows activity when the package is picked up at the seller.

When i ordered my Shozy Form 1.1 at DD-Audio 2 months ago the order was processed and shipped out the next day. Tracking instantly showed activity with Aliexpress shipping.

May 13, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #117 of 1,778
The Legacy 3 are very sensitive to ear tip choice. For some reason ear tips with a large borehole work a lot better.
i.e. The Final Audio ear tips emphasis the bass, but mess with the imaging. Also foam seems to work better... YMMV

I would observe that the most consistent knock on these is the treble being "light". If that is the case; foamies would make the treble reduction even more pronounced. Well anyway should have these in a few days and then I can provide some input. Most likely I will go straight to my usual tips; JVC Spiral Dots (L). My only other triple driver IEM in the collection right now is the FLC8D; everything else is either straight DD or in the case of the LZ A2 one BA one DD

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #118 of 1,778
Consider Sedna earfits as well for tips. I noticed that my E tips seemed to throw the FR a decent bit off (bass got looser, lower treble got a little hotter)... Switching to the sednas smoothed everything out and didn't detract from the treble (at least didn't make it any lighter than I perceived otherwise).

May 13, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #119 of 1,778
I would observe that the most consistent knock on these is the treble being "light".

This is encouraging, from my point of view. It is a consistent knock against my favorite IEM's, the Shuoer EJ07, so it may mean the L3's prove a good, lower tier fit for me. Still waiting for mine to ship (Linsoul confirmed they are processed, just held up through DHL), but once they arrive I'll run through thoughts, with comparisons to EJ07, on a selection of tracks from different genres.

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #120 of 1,778
This is encouraging, for me. It is a consistent knock against my favorite IEM's, the Shuoer EJ07, so it may mean the L3's prove a good, lower tier fit for me. Still waiting for mine to ship (Linsoul confirmed they are processed, just held up through DHL), but once they arrive I'll run through thoughts, with comparisons to EJ07, on a selection of tracks from different genres.
That is a comparison I would definitely be interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back