ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
May 6, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #91 of 1,778
My Legacy 3 order was shipped 15 days ago and has not yet left China... :sleeping:

I have placed an order a few days ago on Aliexpress and got my trackingnumber today. It is probably not physically shipped yet so i expect no updates on the tracking side. Sometimes sellers attach a trackingnumber to mark it as shipped for Aliexpress to keep their rating up and not lose the order.

May 6, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #94 of 1,778
@tma6 did you try other tips than Final Audio and is there a difference in sound stage / treble with other tips?

Bc of where I'm staying right now, the only other tips I've been able to try with them are the SpinFit cp100s, which were actually quite nice. Did a nice job of adding a bit of separation and giving a good balance to the sound. Maybe a slight stage improvement, but I'd have to listen more. I liked the bass, seal, and comfort on the Final tips more so I've been sticking with them so far. Will try more tips in the future when I can and provide updates.

The actual stage of my L3s is very wide and deep. Depending on the recording obviously. Amazing actually.

I do agree there's some depth here. As I said you can definitely hear stuff from back to front. I don't think the stage is wide but the instrument separation is very good. What gives it a nice sense of space in my opinion is that the imaging is just excellent for an IEM at this price range. Very accurate and distinct.

May 9, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #97 of 1,778
Just got mine today and they sent me the mystique instead of the clockworks that I ordered. Not that I'm complaining.
Hope I won't be hit by the same mistake... But it wouldn't be too bad if they live up to their name. Unless I get the Mystique _and_ they sound like complete shine like Dualscreen2 wrote ! (...)

I had to clear customs with an extra 25$ fee through Linsoul / DHL Express... Landing at mine on 18th. Can't wait ! =)

May 10, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #99 of 1,778
A friend shipped me his pair for me to try and jeez... now I understand what @tma6 was talking about with treble extension... while they are no means bad for their price, the treble roll-off is too much for me.

Gotta say though: I love the bass--they extend a fair bit and impact is there when it's called for... hell I'd put the bass performance on this against damn near anything. Shame that the treble extension and tonality in the upper-mids aren't quite there for me...

I tried to EQ with EqualizerAPO + Peace UI plugin, and even applying a high-shelf after 8k, the upper treble won't really give you a great sense of air. I cooled the upper mids just a tad bit, and that helped out... but yea, the treble was irredeemable for me.

Quick note that this is me being extremely nitpicky and I am examining their performance regardless of price... At the price point of 130, I really am being unfair with my assessment and compared to the iBasso IT01s that I own (but never use), these are leagues ahead.

Might pick up the L9 after looking at the FR graphs between the two... I have a feeling that it might be more up my alley.

May 10, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #100 of 1,778
Show me one good pair of IEMs, that has much going on after 8K!
Your perceived lack of "airiness" might have something to do other than the Frequency response/Treble extension.

Just a thought.

L£.png

May 10, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #101 of 1,778
My UE6s have a lot of sound past 10K, and with quite a bit of music, I don’t like it. Sometimes it gives an ultra high shimmer that feels like old tube TVs used to when you walked behind them. Gets annoying quickly. I’m actually very happy with the se846 with 95% of music, and they have pretty much no response past around 9KHz.

May 10, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #102 of 1,778
Yeah for most people I feel like the recess in the high-treble will make the L3s very easy to listen to and listenable across almost all genres. I could’ve used a little more up there but it’s such a tough balance between pushing that top end info forward and becoming harsh that at this price point I totally understand why the L3s are tuned like this. Regardless, the L3s tonal nuance (I’d say almost unrivaled at this price), excellent imaging, and bass response still make them a fantastic choice imo.

May 10, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #103 of 1,778
Show me one good pair of IEMs, that has much going on after 8K!
Your perceived lack of "airiness" might have something to do other than the Frequency response/Treble extension.

Just a thought.

Certainly could be, but I'm not quite sure that the pair I got in graphs like yours in the treble. Regardless, the IEMs that I've heard and have "more" going on an 8k to my ears were 64Audio Trio (favorite set I've had the pleasure of listening to) , 64Audio 12t, Campfire Atlas, Oriolus MK2, both my Campfires (not by much on the Lyra 2--this one is relaxed in the treble) and even my cheap-ish KXXS actually... Of course, YMMW

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #105 of 1,778
After deliberating a bit too much over some other options I ordered this yesterday from Linsoul along with some 2.5 and 4.4 balanced cables. I decided against BLON-05 as the initial reviews indicated the treble was pumped up too much. I like the 03 and figured it was best to just try some thing new. The reviews of the Kbear were also not as positive as expected. There is also a lot of buzz over the H20 but in general there was more variability in opinions for those than expected. Anyway I paid $10 for express shipping and it supposedly will arrive soon (like Friday). I hope the treble is not too rolled off; that seems to be the main controversy on these. The graphs don’t seem much different than most other IEMs for the high end so I suspect it will bear fine plus there are the dip switches to play with. I still like my “programmable” FLC8D so that feature is kind of cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back