Thieaudio Hype 2 rattle. Is this normal?
Aug 31, 2023 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

cenumis

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Just received a pair of THIEAUDIO Hype 2's.

When lightly tapping or jiggling the left earbud, there seems to be a physical rattle within the housing of the bud. Almost like a lose driver is floating in there freely.

When I reproduce the same steps on the right bud, a tap or a jiggle produces a slightly more dull rattle.

The audio itself doesn't seem to have any issues but I'm unsure if I should be getting a replacement or this is normal.

Video example:

Aug 31, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 16
Exactly the same on my pair. There is a springy pinging sound on the left when I tap on it. No harm so far.

Aug 31, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 16
Exactly the same on my pair. There is a springy pinging sound on the left when I tap on it. No harm so far.
Interesting, thank you for your input. Wonder why it's more prominent on the left vs right. :thinking:

I suppose it's not worth the hassle getting a replacement then.

Aug 31, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 16
I ended up doing the returns process, get my new one in a few hours.

Will update here if it's the same as the previous one.

Sep 2, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #6 of 16
Hi, do you get it from linsoul or other places, few hours to get a replacement doesn't sound like it from linsoul.
I go through Amazon AU linsoul store. Sent back the unit for refund and purchased a new replacement.

Also, if anyone is interested. The second unit had the exact same springy sound on the left bud, while the right bud did not.
Sound unaffected.

Curious to see what's inside. Either way, I'm keeping these because I love them.

Sep 2, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #7 of 16
I go through Amazon AU linsoul store. Sent back the unit for refund and purchased a new replacement.

Also, if anyone is interested. The second unit had the exact same springy sound on the left bud, while the right bud did not.
Sound unaffected.

Curious to see what's inside. Either way, I'm keeping these because I love them.
I have the same issue with the left bud, it's the blue version if that matters

Sep 2, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 16
Sep 20, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #11 of 16
not meaning to hijack the thread but what color of hype 2 that you have mate?

Im also going to review the hype2 soon, pretty excited !
I have the purple one.

Looking forward for your impressions!

Sep 22, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 16
Cool. I have one otw. Will report back

Sep 27, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #13 of 16
Good thing that my unit doesn't have one, that reported floating and rattling driver. Tested both transducer channels.

20230927_114835.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back