They're here [Daft Punk]
May 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #61 of 95
If you're whining about repetition you probably shouldn't listen to any Electronic music.

Also, Around the World is 3 words, and a fantastic song.

May 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #64 of 95
Stumbled on this awesome cover, of get lucky:

May 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #65 of 95
Quote:
If you're whining about repetition you probably shouldn't listen to any Electronic music.

Also, Around the World is 3 words, and a fantastic song.

You know there is such a thing as too much repetition and lack of variation. If you disagree, you listen to microhouse. :) I don't think most Daft Punk is too repetitive, except for a few tracks on Human After All, but you get the point. Electronic music is absolutely not equally repetitive, and a good deal of it isn't at all. Let's not paint with too broad a brush...

May 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #67 of 95
Quote:
Stumbled on this awesome cover, of get lucky:

I hate to say it, but this is way better than the original. It's got a drive, punch and progression to it that DP's version lacks. Being that it's self-made, it may not have as good of recording quality, but that's the only downside. Even though this is the only track I've heard so far, and am waiting for the album to arrive in the mail before I listen to anything else, I already feel let down. I had such high hopes for this album, too...

May 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #69 of 95
Quote:
I hate to say it, but this is way better than the original. It's got a drive, punch and progression to it that DP's version lacks. Being that it's self-made, it may not have as good of recording quality, but that's the only downside. Even though this is the only track I've heard so far, and am waiting for the album to arrive in the mail before I listen to anything else, I already feel let down. I had such high hopes for this album, too...

It's true that the cover has much more life than the original .
When Pharrell sing  "Like the legend of the phoenix"  he could have sung "Pass me the soap",  and the result would be the same.
It's only on the cover that I realize the strength of the lyrics.
I  was excited by this title, but I realize it could have been much better.

May 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #70 of 95
So, finally I've heard RAM in good quality with my DT990s, I did some minor notes during the album but I actually more or less like all the tracks on the album. The one I like the least is actually Get Lucky... I would have liked it without Pharrell with only Daft Punk (or some other singer...). Oh... and it's like the track never ends :s, urk... I thought that a few of the tracks started out weak, but they definitely grew on me. However I haven't decided what I really think about track 12 and 13, they were a bit more different from the rest. I think I like them, but I really can't say much more than that... hmm.

Will probably listen through the album again tomorrow, and maybe again the day after that. I will have to see how the album develops during multiple listening sessions and see if there's multiple layers to the tracks left for me to discover...

As a final verdict on my initial opinion, It's good. Maybe if it wouldn't have been for track 8 I might have liked it more :wink:.

May 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #72 of 95
I don't know if it's my listening habits, but tone-wise this is one of the warmest albums I've ever heard.  I'm listening to it on a Compass+HD600 computer rig, which is an extreemly clean sound, but I would swear there are tubes somewhere in the chain.

May 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #73 of 95
Maybe a proper analog mixing board? There's magic in them tubes.

EDIT: WOW. It was mastered by Bob Ludwig. No wonder it sounds great. Holy ****.

First vinyl numbers are in on dynamics. On par with their other releases.
http://dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=39263

Quote:
I don't know if it's my listening habits, but tone-wise this is one of the warmest albums I've ever heard.  I'm listening to it on a Compass+HD600 computer rig, which is an extreemly clean sound, but I would swear there are tubes somewhere in the chain.

May 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #75 of 95
Quote:
Just got the 88khz/24bit version from hdtracks.....downloading with great anticipation....

Someone let us know how it is? I'm curious how it's mastered. I'm hoping for a mix with less compression than CD's/iTunes, more like my copy of RAM on vinyl.

I wonder why they chose 88khz, seems like an odd sample rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back