They call him Ron - help from moderator please?
Feb 15, 2006 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

senny-ftw

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

[EDIT: please disregard - sorted - bought 600s from Harty
smily_headphones1.gif
]

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this - thought it would be the most relevant.

User "They Call Me Ron" posted an ad in the Headphones For Sale forum and I'm interested in one of his items. He says to PM as he doesn't check forum regularly, but I guess his inbox is full since I can't PM him. And email is disabled for him too.

Can anyone help in contacting him?

Thanks

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 5
put a post up on his sale thread sking him to clear his PM box. he'll see it eventually.

Feb 15, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 5
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=140306

That's 1st thing I did. His last post was October 2005 and he specifically says he doesnt check forums much. I guess there's not much chance they're still available...

I just wondered if an op could email him saying check the thread or something. Or if someone had his email address...

I was planning on buying 595s tomorrow from local shop for the same amount. That's why I'm so eager to get in touch with him

Feb 15, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 5
I dont think there is any chance. Back in October he said it was his last bump till eBay. All posts after that were graveyard hopeful bumps, the first being a speculator in Feb. Folks seem annoyed that people update their posts with SOLD over the asking price, but I find it more annoying that a seller doesn't shut down their own sale thread.

Feb 15, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 5
Indeed - same. It's infuriating. I don't know if it's possible to delete a thread, but surely overwriting the thread name with SOLD or something would make life easier for everyone, including sellers themselves.

The thing that's the most annoying for me is getting no reply from seller. The following thread is the same thing.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157250

I might buy 595s tomorrow only to find that the next day, I have an email from this guy saying his 650s are still available. But then I might end up waiting my whole life for him to check the forum, only for him to say that they were sold in January
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back