These Flagship Music Players are the Best Money Can Buy | Moon Audio
Apr 6, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #6 of 12
Oh yeah, that's it - they're claiming those are the best though. I'll give the Cayin props, but it's pretty out of date now.
Out of date for DAP's that are not even 2 years old.... Where is this hobby going ?
And a good player will always be...

Apr 6, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #7 of 12
Out of date for DAP's that are not even 2 years old.... Where is this hobby going ?
And a good player will always be...
DAP technology has improved drastically over the last couple of years. Android 9 though? It came out 5 years ago and is pretty useless for compatability with modern apps. They're also missing the Cayin N7, which is fantastic, and the L&P LP6, which is considered one of the best DAPs if you don't need streaming - not to mention Lotoo's series the HiBy series. So picking their 3 most expensive DAPs and claiming they're the best while ignoring the ones they don't sell or that are cheaper is misleading. I'd take the N7 over all 3 of those, and yes, they sell it if you want to buy from them.

Apr 6, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #8 of 12
DAP technology has improved drastically over the last couple of years. Android 9 though? It came out 5 years ago and is pretty useless for compatability with modern apps. They're also missing the Cayin N7, which is fantastic, and the L&P LP6, which is considered one of the best DAPs if you don't need streaming - not to mention Lotoo's series the HiBy series. So picking their 3 most expensive DAPs and claiming they're the best while ignoring the ones they don't sell or that are cheaper is misleading. I'd take the N7 over all 3 of those, and yes, they sell it if you want to buy from them.
Ah I see, so LP6 has a modern snappy OS? 😉

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #9 of 12
Ah I see, so LP6 has a modern snappy OS? 😉
Nope, but it's not trying to either. It's famous for its ability to play music at a top-notch level without attempting to stream anything. The OS is in-house regardless and you're paying $4k for the sound quality. Even Cayin has admitted that the N8ii was out of date, which is why they released the N7. They'll likely be releasing an updated N8 with Android 12 here in the near future. If you're going to make your DAP streaming capable (so that excludes Lotoo and L&P), make sure it still works well with modern streaming apps. But hey, if that's your takeaway from the point I was making, cool.

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #11 of 12
It might not be what you'd like, but I can tell you that most android apps for audio you'd need still support Android 9. how do I know ? My portable player. They still get updates and improvements.

It's just audio guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back