There's a HOLE in my custom IEM...
Feb 18, 2009 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SLCentral

Head-Fier
I've had my UE-5c's for about three years now, and recently I made a post about a crack developing in the right monitor. Today, to my dismay, I noticed a HOLE in the bottom of the IEM. I don't have a camera with me, but if you're looking at where the cable conncets, and look to the right, there is a small hole underneath the "tube" that goes in the ear canal.

It's tough to explain, but it looks like it is getting worse. The hole is appx. 2mm long currently, but there is a crack extending from it that is about an inch and a half. How screwed am I, and has this ever been seen before?

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #4 of 12
Oddly enough I have a hole in my Ue5c as well at the upper tip on the right ear piece. Has no effect on the sound from what I can tell asthey still sound great and I use them all the time.

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #6 of 12
This begs a question - if you're out of warranty with the original manufacturer, is there another option? Can you send your IEM to someone and have them re-cased (just by sending them a fresh set of ear impressions)?

Feb 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #8 of 12
how do you expect the sound to come out without a hole in them??
tongue.gif

call UE and get it sorted before it gets much worse

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #9 of 12
I'm going to send them into UE for repair (Jeanette from UE sent me a repair form to fill out and send with them), but I'm going on a pretty long trip next week, and really need my earphones with me. Seeing as how someone else also has a hole in their 5c's, is using them carefully for another week or so that bad of an idea?

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #10 of 12
my IEM has 2 fin shaped holes.

and it rox!
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #12 of 12
uselesswithoutpics.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back