There IS a hiss on iPod
Mar 29, 2004 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gort

100+ Head-Fier
Here's my current setup: iPod G3 -> X-Can V3 -> HD600. I noticed a hiss when I pause the iPod and started raising the volume level on my amp. But there is NO WAY this hiss can be heard in normal listening levels. Does all iPods have this hiss or is mine defective?

If you're wondering, the hiss isn't coming from the amp. Is dead quiet when fed from my ancient Panasonic PCDP with full volume. And both the iPod and Panasonic were connect to the amp from line-out.

Mar 29, 2004 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 4
Is there hiss when using the iPod straight to ER4S (or ER4P if you're using the 4S adapter). I get some slight hiss if my 1st Gen iPod is too close to my Serpac Meta (iPod screen next to board), but that seems to be interference between the two, it doesn't come from either separately. It would be harder for your X-Can to get that close though.

Mar 29, 2004 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 4
I find that with my 1st gen iPod, and Sony MDR 848 headphones that when I turn the volume right down I can still hear something - but if I'm in a really quiet room I can make this out to be a barely audible version of what is currently playing.

Could that be what you're hearing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back