There Are Never Full-Size Headphones Outside?
Nov 6, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #47 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Open headphones on a train is a good way to cause hearing damage. You end up turning the volume up too high to block the noise from the train.

That and the fact that my player doesnt have the juice to drive them where enough reason to stop using them for that purpose.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #48 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by next year you're gonna see so many more people doing it...its gonna become a trend mark my words lol

QFT. It'll undergo the same process as those Palestinian scarves people wear. They don't even know what they symbolize, its just a fashion statement. People who do know wear it with pride, and it'll be the same on the headphone side. People will buy fullsize for the sake of it being full size..and the people who really care about quality will feel the real "pride".

If at all, that is..
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #49 of 60
Well, I see quite some around here.
Youths wearing variant Skullcandy headphones on the subway, tram, bus, and like. I bet most people find full-size headphones impractical for portable use. Large size, hard to drive, makes people stare, ...

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #50 of 60
In Toronto and around campus I see a lot of fullsize cans, usually just sonys. However, the other day I caught a glimpse of some guy wearing K702s, but he was getting on a bus.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #51 of 60
Wore my M50 around campus today. Kept my ears nice and warm
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #52 of 60
You could really annoy people with a pair of K1000s. Of course, you'd need to amp them somehow, but that's what inverters, car batteries, and wheelie luggage are for, right?

Man, that would be fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #53 of 60
I saw this lowrider bike that was towing a small trailer with car batteries a car stereo and inverter.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #54 of 60
Funny how I never people sporting full size cans here. I guess California just isn't that kind of state. I would rock mine outside, but I don't have a portable amp to drive them and they would leak sound all over the place.
frown.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #55 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Erickson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could really annoy people with a pair of K1000s. Of course, you'd need to amp them somehow, but that's what inverters, car batteries, and wheelie luggage are for, right?

Man, that would be fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just drop a Signature 30.2 into your backpack, fed by an iPod or like.
wink_face.gif

I have used my complete battery operated rig outside in the garden, but not taken it to the streets. I may accept bribing to do so though.. he he

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by next year you're gonna see so many more people doing it...its gonna become a trend mark my words lol

And we, the members of head-fi who have devoted their wallets to better sound, can proudly boast that we started this trend
biggrin.gif

And someone, please wheelie around your full home setup with K1000s, or Floats, PLEASE.

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just drop a Signature 30.2 into your backpack, fed by an iPod or like.
wink_face.gif

I have used my complete battery operated rig outside in the garden, but not taken it to the streets. I may accept bribing to do so though.. he he

We would love to see a photo of the event! You, the backpack with the wires coming out and the headphones in use in the garden!

Nov 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #58 of 60
My family refuses to acknowledge me in public when I got my Sony MDR-XB700 out. I'm in my own world anyways so I'm never aware if anyone is looking.

Nov 8, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #59 of 60
I used my HD 555's for two straight months to school before I got my HD 238's. Some stares here and there, competition with Beats, Hesh, HD 205 and Sony owners, and sound leaks all over the place. Fortunately, my classmates seem to dig the Corrs, Air Supply, America, and Michael Learns to Rock. We sometimes sang together when my professors are not yet in the room.
L3000.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #60 of 60
I'm not wearing my Denon D2000's outside, period. One I can't just throw these in my bag, two they seriously aren't built for outside (long cable, not too sturdy, big, etc.) and three why wear good full-sized cans when 90% of what you're going to hear is wind, traffic etc.?

For outside, I wear my Audio-Technica ATH-FC700's: study, foldable, short cable, noise-reducing, heavy on the bass (which you lose the quickest in surrounding noise). They are perfect
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back