There Are Never Full-Size Headphones Outside?
Nov 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
I know that full-size headphones are hard to drive with a portable amp. You would think that more people would still wear them outside? People think they look silly? If I walked around a shopping mall with my bright white AKG k-701s people would fall down laughing. I guess headphones are a strange fashion statement once they get into the larger sizes.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 60
i saw a guy on campus wearing hd600 while he was walking. i thought he looked silly. props though.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 60
I know the feeling. I very rarely see people out and about with full-size headphones on. Usually it's just me. I have seen a couple of people wearing Sennheiser HD 201s, seen a few Skullcandy ones about, and even a Sony one.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that full-size headphones are hard to drive with a portable amp. You would think that more people would still wear them outside? People think they look silly? If I walked around a shopping mall with my bright white AKG k-701s people would fall down laughing. I guess headphones are a strange fashion statement once they get into the larger sizes.

The K701 in particular, i think is quite stylish
k701smile.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K701 in particular, i think is quite stylish
k701smile.gif

I like the look of them as well. I used to own the Sennheiser HD 215, and that wasn't much of a looker, but I still went out and about with them. I would rather walk around with those K701s than the HD 215s.
jecklinsmile.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #9 of 60
Nobody around here wears full size outside. All i see are white buds playing billboard radio raped artists. Then there's me. It always makes me giggle inside when people stare. My inner psychologist says that society has become an appearance obsessed glob of ignorance. But hey, we look great doing it.

It is nice to see someone wearing some full sized phones around. Usually starts a good conversation.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 60
Well, I just bought a pair of ATH-PRO5MS. I think they look really cool. I'm going to wear them to class tomorrow probably :p

ath-pro5ms.jpg

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #12 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Static| /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is nice to see someone wearing some full sized phones around. Usually starts a good conversation.

It definitely does. Back when I was using the Skullcandy HESH, someone actually walked up to me and asked about them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Word.

X2,

I was actually going to type the exact same response, but you beat me to the punch.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back