The Zungle Panther Sunglass headphones that play music through bone conduction
Apr 19, 2017 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Larsson

Head-Fier
The Zungle Panther Sunglasses are basically sunglasses with built-in speakers that lets you listen to music through bone conduction. Its a crowdfunded project. Rather than the audio being transmitted through waves in the air its transmitted through bone, in this case your skull. This is an interesting concept as it allows you to listen to things without anything in or over your ears.

Useful links:
Their official website: https://zungleinc.com
100% unbiased video with audio professionals trying the product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUVXUxSsP2M

So I couldn't find much about these on any reputable audio website. I was wondering if anyone else with a sense of what actually sounds good and the quality of audio reproduction has ever tried these or anything similar? I've personally not tried them, but I would love to hear how they perform. I've tried listening to music through bone conduction before and it sounded quite good, I was very impressed, but in cheapo sunglasses?

I imagine these glasses are absolute crap at everything they're supposed to do. We've seen crowdfunded projects that have not really delivered the promised quality (although the product) before. I'm looking for anyone experienced who might have tried them to give me an insight as to how they perform.

According to their website they have "Superior sound comparable to normal earphones." They also claim in their FAQ that "[Zungle] Panther provides superior sound that compete with the normal earphones. There isn’t much a difference." They claim that the company making the speakers are the same that make the speakers for Google Glass, and I've seen a few larger companies invest in bone conducting speakers recently. Is this just marketing aimed towards the people who buy and enjoy the quality of $5 fake Beats or is there some actual truth to it? Do they sound anywhere near as good as the marketing team claims?

Thoughts?

May 26, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 2
I just recieved my zungle panther glasses, and am wearing them while writing this. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! first, my hat size is a 6 7/8 (smaller than the average head) and they are tight. Second at full cellphone volume I can barely make out the lyrics to a song while on a quiet train. Third the Bluetooth is poor. From glasses on my head to phone in my pocket there is static if there is a gust of wind (ie riding a bike). I waited almost a year for these from kickstarter and I'm am very upset by the performance and fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back