The zune output
Jul 11, 2007 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

citywithoutmetal

100+ Head-Fier
I swear my shuffle(rip) was twice as loud as my new zune...arg.
i have to put about 30-40% of my music up to 18-20 just to enjoy it consequently my battery time is crap!!! did i get a euro/defected model or is it the same for everyone. btw, i use ksc75 with 320k mp3s of heavy metal(new and old)

I'm also wondering how good does the zune push out sound from the er4p and grados 225? Any other recommended phones?

p.s. no amp for me unless a zune LOD becomes available

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 16
Sorry to hear about your issues.

i dunno, i rarely go passed 10 on my portable headphones. es7/k81dj. Just plugged in my old pair of px100's (which should be similar to your koss) and they get too loud to listen to after I hit 10.

If I'm using IEM's I can listen comfortable at 1. I usually go to about 3 or 4 (I like it a little loud). My hearing is not very sensitive either. just average.

I have no issues with battery.

Sounds like you got a dud. I guess a lot of people have been getting duds. They need to do something about quality control!

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #3 of 16
i notice that my headphone jack looks a little loose, perhaps something is wrong with my headphone jack.

I bought player from circuit city and it might have been a month already..i didnt purchase any fix it plan for the player. anyone know who i will have to go to? i hope i can just take the player back and get a new one :/

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i notice that my headphone jack looks a little loose, perhaps something is wrong with my headphone jack.

I bought player from circuit city and it might have been a month already..i didnt purchase any fix it plan for the player. anyone know who i will have to go to? i hope i can just take the player back and get a new one :/

If they won't replace it...
Just buy another one and stick this one back in the packaging and return it.

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they won't replace it...
Just buy another one and stick this one back in the packaging and return it.

Haha, oh i havent done that in a long time.

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #6 of 16
me neither but when all else fails you gotta do what you gotta do. They give you a jacked player then you gotta do what you can to make it right...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 16
I have the KSC-75s and the Zune and it's plenty loud at 12.

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 16
I have A900s and they have a very similar impedance to the 225s (40 ohms). Yeah, you are right, the zune headphone output isn't as strong as the ZVM or maybe the shuffle. I always have to go to >16 to properly hear my music
frown.gif

I guess a portable amp is the only solution, and I don't get my paycheck till next week.

Jul 12, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #12 of 16
i listen to a lot of heavy metal from the 80s and early 90s and a lot of it isnt even remastered so i have to use high volume to be able to hear anything.

last nite I tweaked my ksc75 metal bands and it sounds a little bit louder now. I think i can go down 1 or 2 volume settings. however, i still think its about 70-80 at the volume output of my glorious shuffle :/ i guess im keeping the zune until a kick ass 32gb+ flash player comes out or it dies.

Jul 12, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantmShado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't even go above 7 on my A900s... I usually stay about 3... I fear for you people's hearing.

Do you ever leave your house? Not in a mean way, but considering the noise on a busy street, how can you not go above 7?!!

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you ever leave your house? Not in a mean way, but considering the noise on a busy street, how can you not go above 7?!!

It's easy not to up that high if your cans are sensitive at low impedance.
IEMs in general can be played in a good listening level at around 4 to 7 outdoors, but that is if your hearing is decent/sensitive as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back