The Zune is Dead, Long Live the Zune HD
Sep 16, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #136 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eleutherian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not going to say what I really want to about that article.

Instead I'll just refer to it as "factually challenged" and obviously biased.

Extremely factually challenged.

Let's all not forget that Apple Insider has flat out lied in many of their articles to make Apple look better.

On top of that, Apple Insider was basically the ONLY website to try to desperately put a positive spin on Apple's locking out of video accessories a couple of years ago. Quick history lesson: For the iPod 5G and 5.5G, there were endless amounts of video accessories. Everything from cheaper than Apple branded cables to DVD players with iPod docks that could play video off the device. But starting in 2007, Apple locked out every single one of those accessories, including their previous video cables, in favor of accessories that had an Apple branded authentication chip. So now instead of a company just making a cable or other accessory, they have to get an Apple branded authentication chip as well as Apple certification (meaning they pay hefty licensing fees) to get their accessories to work. Apple Insider was the ONLY site on the planet that spun this move in a positive way.

Apple Insider is THE definition of a biased website. They really have no shame when it comes to lying.

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #138 of 187
Quote:

okay, I am now posting from my HD, and this page looks just fine to me. Comparing it to my iphone they look and behave almost identically.

Could you be a little more specific about what you see wrong with it?

Good, if you can browse from your Zune, go there:

Microsoft Sets Up Zune HD for Failure — Again | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #139 of 187
The best way to read the article is to read the comments first.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #140 of 187
Apps for a music playing device???
How many folks use the touch for apps?
Most of you have been around long enough to understand some this stuff.
Its the same people who cringe and thinks its a waste of $$ to buy headphones over $79.
Is the Zune or the touch or the cowon the best player out there? Yes if you own either of them then you made a choice by buying it. How hard is that to understand?? I have seen so many things written about the Zune, and the people writing the reviews had not even seen one as of yet or played with it. Afren't you supposed to test it and put it through some type of user interaction, and some actual real world testing??
Talk about crappy fanboy - ism's.

Just Brutal!!!!!

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #141 of 187
Quote:

okay, I am now posting from my HD, and this page looks just fine to me. Comparing it to my iphone they look and behave almost identically.

Could you be a little more specific about what you see wrong with it?

No kidding. Thank you for letting us know. Everything works so nice, I am thinking to get one. I am still waiting for a detailed sound review, if it is the right sound signature....
Thank you again.

Sep 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #142 of 187
Quote:

What shows up in device manager when you have the zune plugged in? Is there an entry for an unknown device, or an error showing up?

Nothing at all and that's the problem!it says that my zune device is not connected on the zune HD logo that turns black when connected,it is just sitting there charging.

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #144 of 187
Ok,I wasn't clear enough reading my previous post again.what I mean is that when the device is connected,the zune logo turns black and when it is not connected it stays white and when clicking on it,it says no zune devicce is connected,and in my case it stays white even after I connect the zune to my laptop.I I tried all of the four usb sockets of the laptop but nothing changes,it is still only charging,no detection.
Nothing flicker also when I unplg and plug in device manager.another thing worth mentioning is that whenever I connect my zune to the computer,the computer notifys me that a new hardware is found and it is searching for the appropriate software but after 10 minutes or so it says that it couldn't find it.
I don't know if this is gonna affect anything,but I am not in the usa,I am an international user.

Sep 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #147 of 187
Quote:

I would be careful about that assumption; there are many important differences between storage besides physical size... Boot sector location for instance...

Has anyone tried this?

Well, it should work like an ordinary hard drive, so it should work with any device that is not locked-in on some particular hdds.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #149 of 187
Allright folks, I've attempted to clean up this thread somewhat, let's try to keep it cleaned up.
Thanks
The Management.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #150 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Allright folks, I've attempted to clean up this thread somewhat, let's try to keep it cleaned up.
Thanks
The Management.

Thanx, i apriciate !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back