The ZMF Auteur Wood Contest
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #91 of 101
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #92 of 101
Congratulations to the winner!... and thank you Zach for letting Europeans participate in this contest, I really appreciate this...hopefully I get to experience your headphones someday in the near future and fingers crossed you get to make some from Snakewood :)
All the best and...cheers :)

Congratulations to @wingsounds13 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have won the ZMF Auteur wood contest!!!!!

The entry was #470 and Wingsounds chose Zebra wood! He ofcourse can change that if he likes as we can talk over woods etc. Send me an email at contactzmf@gmail.com and I'll get you set-up with an Auteur!

Thanks to everyone who participated, I have just started looking over the entries and there's a lot of interesting wood choices in here.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #95 of 101
Congratulations to the winner!... and thank you Zach for letting Europeans participate in this contest, I really appreciate this...hopefully I get to experience your headphones someday in the near future and fingers crossed you get to make some from Snakewood :)
All the best and...cheers :)

Not that im a wood-phile or anything,but damn that Snakewood is stunning!
Never heard of it before.
Congrats to the winner!

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #96 of 101
Congrats to @wingsounds13 do let us know how they sound!!! An thank you again @zach915m for running the contest for the community here! You guys at ZMF Headphones really give a lot to our community and I'm personally excited to see what else is to come in the future from you guys/gals

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #100 of 101
Oh... holy crap! I am a bit freaked out, but in a very good way. I have been busy with various things, including a new job that I just started this week and have not had much time to check emails and forums, so I just found out about this. This is turning out to be the best November that I have had in years.

Thanks everyone, and most especially, huge thanks to Zach for having this contest, making great headphones and being a really great guy in general.

One other detail, my entry included two options, first was Camphor wood and second was Zebrawood. I am happy to receive either, but will have a little talk with Zach to see just where this goes. I do like the look of the Camphor wood, and the idea of the lighter weight. On the other hand, I really loved the look of the coffee stained Zebrawood special edition Omni/Ori. Decisions, decisions. Truth is that I look forward to a bit of a discussion about these with Zach.

Oh, yes, while I am no Golden Ear, I do have a reasonable ear and as most here, enjoy listening to music. Reading the Auteur comments has had me drooling as the Auteur sound signature being described almost exactly matches my preferred signature. When I get my pair of these wonders I will have a careful listen and report back.

Again, thanks everyone and Zach in particular.

J.P.

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #101 of 101
Well, it's been forever (or at least felt like it) and my Auteurs are finally here. I ended up with Ash, even though it was not a wood that I had thought about. Long story, and unless Zach steps in and says no, I'll give you the short version soon.

I'm really just here at the moment to say that they have arrived and I have not forgotten about coming back with a report. That will come after I have spent some time with them and better understand their true character. For now I'll just say Wow! Yes, they sound really good already. If they improve with time, as most 'phones do, they should be incredible. Odds are that they really are endgame 'phones for me, though my quest for THE source and THE amp is certain to be going on for years to come, just adding to ththe years already gone. :)

More soon.
J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back