The Year of the IEM?
Jan 30, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the average civilian, it's so much fun to demonstrate IEM's.

For me, I like to demonstrate that it IS possible to ignore stupidity through IEMs.

Feb 2, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #32 of 50
i love the stealthiness of my e5c, especially living in london where getting mugged is a possibility. i am totally spoiled by them, i couldn't bear to actually listen to the noises around me, not when i could ignore the world and encompass myself in beautiful sound instead!!! long live the iem, by the time my e5c's give up the ghost, there will be an awesome array of products ready to replace them. YaY!

Feb 2, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #33 of 50
I have to have music when I am working out (I get bored without it). And IEMs close out the rest of the world in the gym (the loud TVs, the guys hitting on the girls and the loud teenagers talking about everything) so that I cna concentrate on getting thru the workout.

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #34 of 50
IEMs have provided great bang for the buck for me! They sound so good... Unfortunately, they make me want to itch my ears; so I use circumaural 'phones whenever possible. =T

-rob

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #35 of 50
etysmile.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #37 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love the stealthiness of my e5c, especially living in london where getting mugged is a possibility. i am totally spoiled by them, i couldn't bear to actually listen to the noises around me, not when i could ignore the world and encompass myself in beautiful sound instead!!! long live the iem, by the time my e5c's give up the ghost, there will be an awesome array of products ready to replace them. YaY!

On the downside, with those E5Cs, you wouldn't hear those muggers coming up behind you
evil_smiley.gif
basshead.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the downside, with those E5Cs, you wouldn't hear those muggers coming up behind you
evil_smiley.gif
basshead.gif

Most people listen to headphones loud enough to where they wouldn't hear a mugger approaching anyway. At least IEMs are harder to see making it less obvious that you can't hear.

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
evil_smiley.gif
basshead.gif

yeah i know, thats irony huh!

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will companies like AKG and Senn go start producing full IEMs (Not hybids)? Would be interesting to see something like that happen.

The markets are already pretty full with new and brooding IEM manufacturers. For a company like AKG or Senn its expensive to tool production to make IEMs that can compete with 2nd and 3rd generation products from the big ones like Westone, Shure and Ultimate Ears that dedicate all their headphones to an IEM line. Impossible; no. Unlikely; probably. Expensive to implement; definately.

Mar 21, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The markets are already pretty full with new and brooding IEM manufacturers. For a company like AKG or Senn its expensive to tool production to make IEMs that can compete with 2nd and 3rd generation products from the big ones like Westone, Shure and Ultimate Ears that dedicate all their headphones to an IEM line. Impossible; no. Unlikely; probably. Expensive to implement; definately.

I think that it is more likely to happen for Senn because of the name. Alot of Senn fanboys and people who have lower end models would usually turn back to their first company they bought from for IEMs.

Apr 20, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #43 of 50
That new Westone looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back