The Xx
Feb 7, 2010 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

omegaman

Headphoneus Supremus
The vinyl arrived yesterday and has been glued to my turntable ever since.

What a great sounding album almost haunting and great sound quality.

This is one of the best debut albums I've heard in a long time, any other fans ?

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

sorry if this isn't the first thread but its hard to search for "xx"

Feb 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by adiZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love that album. Maybe the best from 2009.

Yeah I was a bit slow on this one, it slipped under the radar when it was released.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #7 of 14
I'm kind of surprised this act never received their own thread before. I assumed this forum would eat up stuff like this. So yeah, I agree. It was pretty good. For whatever reason Give Up by Postal Service has come to mind when I think of xx. Sure the approach is different, but both are quality bedroom pop albums that will be referenced for a while.

Shelter is the song I think of now. Which song has changed often with that album.

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #8 of 14
I had heard buzz about this band so I picked it up and it was not what I was expecting at all. The album is amazing but a totally different sound than I was expected. The whole album blends together very well it is very much "mood" music.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 14
A fine, fine record…actually made me go back and listen to the Young Marble Giants. I like the xx much more.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A fine, fine record…actually made me go back and listen to the Young Marble Giants. I like the xx much more.

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the Young Marble Giants. All you XX fans should check out Young Marble Giants!

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #11 of 14
I also love the LP cover, Black die cut outer with the X cut into it with the white inner sleeve. Don't know how the CD is packaged but the LP is well designed.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 14
To bad I don't have a record player, I bought the cd version the day it came out and was not disappointed. Basic Space is truly amazing.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #13 of 14
I found out about this on Amazon I think. I thought the band and album title was weird so I clicked to check it out. Then I bought it by accident because the "buy now" button was right under a browser tab I was trying to click on and I missed. I didn't have any money in my account so I thought it would just not work but it started downloading instantly and later they just canceled the order. Im really not so sure about it though, but maybe I just need to listen to it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back