The worst music ever made!
Apr 16, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Holy Night really is LOL funny! You discribed it perfectly!

Martian Sands is Impossible to listen to, I dare anyone to listen to the whole thing
very_evil_smiley.gif

I just did, and I want to die. It reminds me of that guy Jandek, whom the fellows at "Yola Tengo" idolize so much. Of course, I think he can actually play and sing a bit.

Apr 16, 2004 at 4:24 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
BLASPHEMY!
tongue.gif
I love that song. But then again, I grew up when it came out and was popular and have liked it since then. Great song with a neat message.

Ahh....the deep mysteries of personal taste. I am quite sure I still like songs from my childhood/ adolescence that others would find truly abominable. I actually agree in part, it is a nice message in the song. I just reflexively rebel against efforts to manipulate my emotions if it is done in a way that strikes me as cheap and inauthentic. And to me, this song is the greatest such culprit in memory. BUT, my perceptions of this are *entirely* a personal issue that say more about my psychology than anything else. I am glad you like the song.

In fact, the odd thing is I get very emotionally caught up in some other sappy songs from that era. "Shannon (is gone??)" is one I can easily tear up to. It is about the death of a man's dog, though you wouldn't get that from the lyrics alone. Knowing the background, the song can easily get to me. In fact, I am a little misty just writing this....

Apr 16, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
And to think he was once the substitute for Christopher Plummer in "The Tempest". I think he was very theatrical in the old Star Trek, but somehow went bad afterwards. Anyway, he's cool nevertheless.

Thanks for calling me on this. It probably really is unfair to tacitly impugn Shatner's talent based on the likes of his work in "TJ Hooker". Most actors are lucky to find work, period. If that work ends up for the most part being in lower quality stuff, hey, they are trying to make a living.

It can actually be quite suprising to see what some actors are capable of doing. Before Mel Gibson's "Hamlet" (possibly my favorite screen version, though the Ethan Hawke version is an awsome modern adaptation), I never would have guessed Mel had anything like that performance in him.

But as to Shatner singing on that talk show, he does have to answer for that. My goodness, someone should have to.
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #20 of 34
Ugh!! I see that Yoko is well represented...I'd like to meet the fool who told her she had talent.

I guess it's due for an updating....I'm thinking William Hung will move rapidly up the charts.
eek.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #22 of 34
David Hasselhof's "limbo dance" has to be the worst song ever sung in the english language, pity its not listed there while the also moronic "crazy for you" is.

Apr 19, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Ugh!! I see that Yoko is well represented...I'd like to meet the fool who told her she had talent.
eek.gif

Well e-t, I think you missed your chance by about 25 years (John Lennon). Most of the "music" was funny bad, but I wasn't laughing at any of the Yoko Ono stuff. I don't think my poor ears have fully recovered yet.
eek.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #24 of 34
What a brilliantly bad place to go! I tried to find an singer who I detest - Dean Friedman - but couldn't find him (didn't want to really) .

Hearing him sing Lydia or thank your lucky stars just........my idea of hell is being stuck in an elevator with him being piped in on repeat.

Apr 28, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #28 of 34
Daniel Küblböck (2nd or 3rd place of German Pop Idol equivalent) - I don't think anybody can beat him. I don't think there has ever been anything worse than him or anything that can be worse than him. And we're not only talking about his music...
That, however, implies that his manager must be really good
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #29 of 34
radiohead, the bends has to be some of the most overhyped, overblown, over produced, useless piece of garbage ever perpetrated on the human race. i mean who would listen to such pedantic crap anyway, who are they kidding? and throw in ok computer for good measure, i mean please, who cares about computers? and are they really "ok" like they say, or are they trying to tell us something, maybe a subliminal message to buy a computer, and whats with the artwork anyway, that sucks too, it looks like a four year old scribbled on some paper, puh leaaaase!

Apr 28, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #30 of 34
yeah, fyrfyt, and ann coulter's not a cold, lifeless b*tch. (wink wink.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back