The worst has happened
Apr 3, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #16 of 26
I don't think it was because the OP was listening too loud. Personally I was really bothered by a clock one room away from my bed, even with door closed. I could hear the damn tick tick tick tick late at night trying to sleep. It drove me ******** crazy!

The worst thing is, once you start noticing the sound your brain "locks-in" and you just keep hearing it, unable to block it out.

I had to get out of my bed in winter and kidnap the clock to the living room.

So yeah, in the dead of the night it is surprising how much one can hear.

Apr 3, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 26
You'd get a smoother sound from the DT770's but will cost you a tad more.

audio topia on ebay sells new dt770's $158 shipped.

280 pros and DT 770's block about the same amount of noise out but I hear less of it with the beyerdynamic for some reason. I can't hear anything with those things on.

Apr 3, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For $100 and closed, it's very hard to beat the Equation RP-21. Unless you're buying used or something.

i agree with that
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and get rid of the wife. gfs, wives, females in general are just trouble and prevent us hardworking males from listening to some toones. i say we send them back to mars!!! rawr. or was it venus? doesnt matter just get them away from here.
biggrin.gif

it was Venus, you martian sexist!
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #22 of 26
Sounds like you might listen too loud. I'd consider that since hearing damage is permanent. You can get used to lower levels with time. Although light sleepers could wake up over sounds at lower levels.

Apr 3, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you might listen too loud. I'd consider that since hearing damage is permanent. You can get used to lower levels with time. Although light sleepers could wake up over sounds at lower levels.

She is definitely a light sleeper, she wakes up when I get out the bed to use the bathroom! I don't think I was listening too loud.

The music was clear and crisp and at high volume it was not distorted at all so it sounded fine to me.

Apr 3, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamestony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The music was clear and crisp and at high volume it was not distorted at all so it sounded fine to me.

This is one of the major differences between high quality headphones and amplifiers compared to junk. They don't distort! Just because you're not noticing any distortion does not mean that the volume is not too loud.

Apr 3, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #25 of 26
I don't think the OP was listening too loud. I don't listen all that loud either (right now my low gain configured CKKIII is at about 10 o'clock with my DT-770s) and when I had the sr-80s my girlfriend could hear my music out the (open) door, down the hall, in the living room with the tv on. It would have been worse at night, with our bedroom and my office door open, as they are close to each other. I imagine the OP has a similar distance/floorplan problem. If I closed one or both of the doors, it would have been much less of a problem, if at all. That's my suggestion (and/or get the new headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the OP was listening too loud. I don't listen all that loud either (right now my low gain configured CKKIII is at about 10 o'clock with my DT-770s) and when I had the sr-80s my girlfriend could hear my music out the (open) door, down the hall, in the living room with the tv on. It would have been worse at night, with our bedroom and my office door open, as they are close to each other. I imagine the OP has a similar distance/floorplan problem. If I closed one or both of the doors, it would have been much less of a problem, if at all. That's my suggestion (and/or get the new headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Thanks, I really don't want to part with my Grado's, I can just imagin how they sound amped!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back