the world's ungliest iPod... (HP edition)
Jan 9, 2004 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
I just saw this new's about HP's blue iPod. Well IMO I aint to pretty with the blue color and all, but again that my personal oppinion. It great with all the colored iPods (praying for black one
cool.gif
), really, but this blue just might not be the pretties blueish color...

you can read about the release her
http://news.com.com/2010-7354-5137859.html

and you can see a miniature picture at MacMinute here:
http://www.macminute.com/2004/01/09/hpipod

Jan 9, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 21
I wonder if it will be cheaper than the iPod. SOmetimes you can find great deals on non-Apple stuff. That would be kind of cool actually.

Jan 9, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 21
it looks a lot better than the fruity colors of the ipod mini.

and I bet this would be around 20-50 bucks+ cheaper than the normal ipod, apple products are overpriced but then again, your getting somewhat good quality at a high price.

this makes me wonder if HP will make some apple computers. i hope they dont make bs like that!

Jan 9, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 21
yeah, it would denfently be cool if you could find it cheeper then the "real" apple products. There proberbly some kind of promotion when you order a new HP computer.

I hope apple is considering making other colors to. If not before, then atleast when the new generation of the "grown up" iPods comes out.

edit:
-->amdj
I think it some kind of a deal between HP and Apple, where HP ships all new computers with iTunes as the default music player.

Jan 10, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 21
Well, I saw the minis at Macworld yesterday and they're much better looking in person than the shots floating around the web and on Apples site. So I'll hold off condeming this one too, but I'm trying to figure out how technically that couldn't be the ugliest damn iPod ever.

Jan 10, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #6 of 21
Eh, it looks more gray than blue. I was hoping for a royal blue. If it's significantly cheaper, I'd definitely get the HP and then just get a case that's the color I want. I'm still happy with my 1g 5gig though.

Jan 10, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #10 of 21
OMG.. that video was funny..

"Why did Apple come to HP? Because of HP's innovative prowess..."

what kind of BS is that?

Not sure why apple would want a competitor selling iPods for cheaper either. I guess they are limiting HP to ugly colors so people will still choose Apple iPod, while Apple gets royalities from HP anyway.

Jan 10, 2004 at 5:31 PM Post #11 of 21
man, I was one of the few who had some hopes for the player. I thought they would style it with some black and sliver with blue backlit keys (like their pcs), but NOOOO! They had to make the ipod even uglier.

Jan 10, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #12 of 21
Uh. I'm curious as to why you people thing that it is ugly? I personally think it looks way better
than any of the Minis and probably better than the normal iPod. I am really _not_ attracted to that 'all-
white' player thing going on with the original iPod. HP will probably come with some more color
scheme (other than completly blue-ish/grey). Plus I think that color already looks good..

Jan 10, 2004 at 6:06 PM Post #13 of 21
that's blue? am i colorblind or they are?

so as far as i can tell.. the only phical difference is the weird looking color and the "HP" logo on the back?

so tell me why anyone would get an HP player over apple? the name HP usually tells me to stay away because their cheexy computers

Jan 10, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
OMG.. that video was funny..

"Why did Apple come to HP? Because of HP's innovative prowess..."

what kind of BS is that?

Not sure why apple would want a competitor selling iPods for cheaper either. I guess they are limiting HP to ugly colors so people will still choose Apple iPod, while Apple gets royalities from HP anyway.

Possibly because some people are vehemently anti-apple. While the two devices look nearly identical, and anyone who keeps up on portable electronic devices will surely know that the HP devices is made by Apple- the vast majority of the public will probably not know, and/or not care. I have a friend who prefers my Apple computers to his Dells in almost everyway but he's totally opposed to buying from them. I've never understood why- perhaps there is something nefarious about Apple that I'm unaware of.

Still, seems like kind of a dumb idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back