The World's Number One Audiophile
Dec 11, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #31 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Can you say OCD? Damn...

GAD

I'm obsessive compulsive, and if I had a place like that I'd kill myself deciding which setup or record to listen too o.O

If he was a collector, sure, but that he bothers to set up the components and treat is rooms shows he isn't just a collector

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #32 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He is smiling in the picture, and invites anyone to come in and listen - you "do the math"...

Laz

It certainly is the Never-Never Land Ranch for pale, pasty, anti-social audiophiles. Maybe he has some strange fetish for people that say "chocolatey midrange".

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering where the heck he got all the money.

In a severe twist of irony he owns the factory that produces white van speakers.

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #33 of 74
Holy crap
faint.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #36 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and why do you need TWO tonearms on a turntable.. ?
someone enlighten me!

Well there could be a few reasons:

1) one are holds a mono cart, the other a stereo cart
2) one arm holds an MC cart, the other an MM
3) one arm holds an exceptional MC cart of jazz, the other for classical
Etc.

I know one guy who has 4 arms on one table.

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #37 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know one guy who has 4 arms on one table.

2 tonearms
2 tonelegs

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #40 of 74
I thought it weird that there were no headphones in sight.. maybe we should have a whip-round and buy the guy some Ksc-75's at least, give him a leg up in the headphone world..

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

I thought it weird that there were no headphones in sight.

i'm sure he owns like 10 R10s, 5 HE90s, etc. probably didn't even think it was worth mentioning compared to all the other stuff he has.

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #42 of 74
Quote:

I thought it weird that there were no headphones in sight.. maybe we should have a whip-round and buy the guy some Ksc-75's at least, give him a leg up in the headphone world..

I wouldn't doubt this guy has Stax Omega I and II's and the Sony R10's lying around. This mag and the guys who were there likely weren't all that interested or knowledgeable about headphones. I'd like to find out for certain though, emailing this man and having him come to this forum, his head may explode thnking he missed a whole segment of audiophilia
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #45 of 74
Quote:

maybe he likes to "feel" the music in his body too rather than the precise listening on your head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back