The world in your signature.
Mar 14, 2010 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

t/sound

Head-Fier
How many countries are represented in your signature?
Are you a patriot or world traveler?

Mine looks like this :

Lives in : Australia

Products from : USA / China / Italy / Germany / Japan / Australia

Country count = 6

Post your count, note country score 1 irrespective of how many products from that country.

Shade.

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 15
Look at all the gear listed in your signature.
Where does it originate ?

JVC DX 1000 = comes from Japan

Macbook = USA

AKG = Germany

Now add up all the different countries represented.

Count each country once only even if you have 5 products from that country.

So if all your stuff is made in USA your count is : 1 and you are a true patriot.
If your stuff is from many countries You are a world traveler.

See how many countries are represented in your signature.

9pintube and MomijiTMO you have no signature listed so we dont know what you listen to and cant work out how many countries are represented. 9pintube looking at your profile I count roughly 5 countries represented .

Have fun.

Mar 14, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 15
Lives in : Norway
Products from : USA / Austria / Japan
Country count = 3

Mar 14, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 15
I know most products are probably made in China, but where are their originators and current owners at?

Marantz started as an American product then Phillips took over and now is a Japanese product.

You can build a complete headphone system with all American products, even a high end system.

What kind of a headphone system can you put together made up of say only British products?

The worlds headphone products are represented in your signatures, what would be the highest number of countries represented in one signature?

Count yours and comment why so few or so many.

American Headfiers might find all they need in USA products, not necesarrily what they want, living in Portugal you might buy all imports by necessity.

The Apple ipod and similar source devices has exploded personal listening with headphones and IEM's e.t.c all over the globe, are we seeing new headgear companies from France, Spain?

Does this ripple into your signature and make Headfiers have on average 3 countries represented in their signature?

Count and comment.

Mar 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #10 of 15
Silenced and Comfy, where are you guys from?
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Macbook USA? Hehe.

Yep, my thought as well. Think I'll put the Boeing 787 Dreamliner in my sig and have the whole globe covered save maybe Guinea-Bissau.

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want to chime in and say... virometal, You have a head like a screwing Orange!

Are you saying he looks like a fruit? That's just rude!

As for the thread:

Germany, Austria, Japan, China, Taiwan, USA and Canada (two pairs of custom tower speakers).

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #15 of 15
Most of the stuff people list is probably Made in Taiwan or Made in China to be realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back