The World´s Best Headphones (for $100)
Feb 28, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #16 of 22
I have just looked at the PXC-250 , these look very nice, does anybody else rate them?

Maybe these and the grados will be enough for what I need?

Another question: Are the PXC-250 more expensive than the grados beacuse of the design/noise feature etc. or will the quality be better than the grados for all aplications?

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighRoller777
Another question: Are the PXC-250 more expensive than the grados beacuse of the design/noise feature etc. or will the quality be better than the grados for all aplications?

The noise cancelling feature is what makes it expensive. If you just want the headphone without that feature, the PX200 comes close to its sound quality.

If you like bass, you might find the HD280 pretty lacking.

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 22
I (still) maintain that there's enough difference between "earbuds" and "canal phones/IEMs" that we should be clear on whether the original poster is saying "no" to earbuds only, or to all earphones that aren't "headphones." Earbuds fall out -- the various canal phones don't. Earbuds don't isolate -- the higher-end IEM earphones do. It wasn't clear to me what the poster meant by "earbuds."

Edit: And regarding headphones -- does the poster want only "on the ear" headphones, or "covering/surrounding the ear" headphones -- again, there's a difference.

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #20 of 22
I second (third?) the hd-280s. I find them amazing for the price. But I strongly agree with warpdriver that you should be very patient and let your sr60s arrive and then put 50-100 hours of burn in on them before you buy any other phones. Listening to the grados will tell you alot more about what you would like than we can. Patience pays off.
580smile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #21 of 22
LaBreaHead said:
I (still) maintain that there's enough difference between "earbuds" and "canal phones/IEMs" that we should be clear on whether the original poster is saying "no" to earbuds only, or to all earphones that aren't "headphones." Earbuds fall out -- the various canal phones don't. Earbuds don't isolate -- the higher-end IEM earphones do. It wasn't clear to me what the poster meant by "earbuds."
QUOTE]

This is something I wouldnt usually take into consideration, but I will from now on. Good clarification. I always assume people who are new to the site use "earbuds" in reference to anything that goes "ya know, in the ear", through lack of knowledge about the difference.

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudbreak0
But I strongly agree with warpdriver that you should be very patient and let your sr60s arrive and then put 50-100 hours of burn in on them before you buy any other phones. Listening to the grados will tell you alot more about what you would like than we can.

actually, great advice. do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back