The Who's halftime show was pretty good for a geriatric band.
Feb 9, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wham City /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Radiohead could put on a great halftime show.

They actually came to mind as someone who could. But it's not like they are the voice of the youth. Their big break was almost 20 years ago.

The NFL could certainly find some big groups from the 90s who could bring a bit more energy than the guys from the 60s. But when I try to think of big time rock stars who are new to the scene in the last decade or so that could pull off a Super Bowl, I have real trouble. Maybe I'm just starting to get old myself.

The best I could come up with was the White Stripes. I think they would be somewhat recognizable by a lot of people. But their following is nowhere near that of the acts that have done Super Bowls.

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #32 of 39
I'm just tired of the halftime show being either:

1) Top of the chart Pop garbage
2) Aging all-star bands

Did anyone notice how the camera angles almost never showed the band in the background? Keyboards, bass, rhythm guitar. And how many times did Pete Townshend do the entire 'windmill' strum? It was like watching an action movie where the lead character says his best one-liner over and over.

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Flaming Lips' halftime show will be badass...
tentatively scheduled for Super Bowl LVIII.

This = Big Win!

The Flaming Lips put on one of the best live shows you will ever see. Too bad the average SuperBowl watcher has little to no interest in them.

Feb 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HELL Maybe we could all write in an see if next year they could get the "MONKIEEES" for the show............That's a joke, youngsters!

Why not? But I'd only be interested if Michael Nesmith is involved.

Feb 10, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #37 of 39
The Foo Fighters would be the perfect Superbowl Half-Time Show band, and appeal to all ages, IMO. Green Day could prob pull off a good cross-generational show, as well. It's tough to name modern rock bands who can appeal to music lovers who evolve (like most of us Head-Fiers) and those who only listen to classic rock (the majority of football fans that I personally know). Just my $.02 worth...

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombieDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Foo Fighters would be the perfect Superbowl Half-Time Show band, and appeal to all ages, IMO. Green Day could prob pull off a good cross-generational show, as well. It's tough to name modern rock bands who can appeal to music lovers who evolve (like most of us Head-Fiers) and those who only listen to classic rock (the majority of football fans that I personally know). Just my $.02 worth...

Yea, good point. Pretty much ALL guys I know that are really into sports, don't know music, or like you say, only listen to classic rock. Too busy following sports.

Feb 11, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not? But I'd only be interested if Michael Nesmith is involved.

you ever see the episode where Frank Zappa and Mike Nesmith switch identities? uckingfay illiantbray.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back