The Who in '82
Nov 2, 2013 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
I remember when The Who released "It's Hard" in 1982. At the time, they were old folks flying in the face of punk rock. They were already old hat, but there were still a few good tracks.

"Athena" and "Emincence Front."

Probably the last time The Who mattered.

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 6
I would agree it was the last of the good Who albums they were never the same after Keith Moon died. Although Pete Townshend did put out a couple of good solo albums.

I had the pleasure of seeing The Who perform "Tommy" in its entirety back in 1988 at Foxborough Stadium I believe. Great concert.

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 6
Emincence Front...what a great song.

Going to go listen to it now.

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 6
  Emincence Front...what a great song.

Going to go listen to it now.

Yup. When that came out I was a kid listening to punk rock. But I heard "Eminence Front" and I thought, "The Who still have it, don't they!" 
biggrin.gif

That was my thought in '82!

It still sounds great!

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 6

Yup. When that came out I was a kid listening to punk rock. But I heard "Eminence Front" and I thought, "The Who still have it, don't they!" 
biggrin.gif

That was my thought in '82!

It still sounds great!

Agree, and I personally consider that "It's Hard" was the last out of a handful+2 of excellent releases that they came up within one and a half decade. Another thing.. Your thoughts in 1982 may have been messed up severely, not just because of the drugs etc. :) but it may have been one of the years in that particular decade where "new or the first" masterpieces of certain artists was released or the last breath of the "older" generation was released! Check it out in case that you don't remember :) A very confusing year regarding music releases and what would point towards the future of popularity of certain music genre's/style  or not 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back