The Weakest Link: OK Computer - Round 1
Mar 28, 2006 at 1:17 PM Post #16 of 28
Sure it's nice to get tips on how to have a better attitude/diet/life from one of the most annoying robotic voices I've ever heard in my life now and again, but if I just wanted to listen to a computer talking as the heaviest compostional part of a song I'd listen to Daft Punk . . .

"Fitter happier" is out

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #17 of 28
This is a daft topic. Taking any track out would not only make you get less for your money when you hand over the cash to get the disc, but also dilute the original vision of the artist. If it really bothers you, you can just remove Fitter Happier from your playlist, you know?

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by breadcrumbs
This is a daft topic. Taking any track out would not only make you get less for your money when you hand over the cash to get the disc, but also dilute the original vision of the artist. If it really bothers you, you can just remove Fitter Happier from your playlist, you know?

Dude, no one is trying to suggest the album should be sold without a certain song - we're just determining people's least favorite.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 28
WHAAAAT? Why is everyone voting for Fitter Happier? It's by far one of the best on the album! Electioneering is probably my least favourite, though I often skip Climbing Up The Walls as well. My favourite? Exit Music (For A Film). Spine-chillingly brilliant.

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #21 of 28
the best song on OK COMPUTER is "Static" by Beck.

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
Where's the option for "don't change a damn thing"? Meh, I guess fitter happier...
Did anyone else here notice parts you never noticed in the first 1000 times through the album, when you heard it on decent headphones the first time?
orphsmile.gif

Agreed with the don't change it. This would be like American Idol if it only contained people who are already hugely talented and successful. What's the point? Anyway Fitter Happier will get a lot of votes because it's not even a damn song.

Oh and try Ok Computer on vinyl, something about the linear nature and not being able to skip around cures my ADD very nicely. When I put something on the table it's got my full attention.

My vote for best song would probably be Lucky, it's the one that I go back to consistently when I want a quick Radiohead fix.

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #23 of 28
i'm also very surprised about the "Fitter Happier" comments. it's one of the most important if not THE most important song in the album. the album loses it's concept as a whole if "Fitter Happier" is taken out or be resigned to the CD player's skip button. OK Computer are one of those albums that one should listen to from start to end (well.. all albums should be listened from start to end as the artist intended, but OK Computer even more so). that said, i'd say "The Tourist" would be my least favourite tract.

as for "Talk Show Host," along wiht "India Rubber," as cool as these songs are and how fitting it would sound with OK Computer, ultimately they're both from The Bends era. personally, i think "A Reminder" and "Melatonin" would sound quite nice sandwiched between OK Computer tracks.

but anyway, i like OK Computer as is.
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Girdag
Looking at this, most people seem to prefer the first half of the album.

That is why "Fitter Happier" is so important. After the earnest barrage of the first half, the listener it allowed a mind break. Time to go get a snack or attend the washroom without pressing pause.

Ok is a classic album - one of the few in a poor age for the medium. Dont' change a thing.

Save Ok Computer!

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
That is why "Fitter Happier" is so important. After the earnest barrage of the first half, the listener it allowed a mind break. Time to go get a snack or attend the washroom without pressing pause.

Ok is a classic album - one of the few in a poor age for the medium. Dont' change a thing.

Save Ok Computer!

I think the late 90's were VERY strong.

Beck - MUTATIONS
Flaming Lips - SOFT BULLETIN
Mercury Rev - DESERTER'S SONGS
Air - MOON SAFARI
Tom Waits - MULE VARIATIONS
Neutral Milk Hotel - IN THE AEROPLANE OVER THE SEA
Laika - SOUNDS OF THE SATELLITES
SDRE - HOW IT FEELS TO BE SOMETHING ON

just sayin'

smily_headphones1.gif

-jar

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #27 of 28
To me, this album is a true classic. I wouldn't remove anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back