The Video Uploads Thread!
Mar 17, 2012 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16
This is a thread for the Head-fi community to upload their OWN videos. Whether it's to show off that glitch, or just all out show off, etc, it all goes here.

I'll start with a basic run of Castlevania: HD's Chapter 7 with Shanoa

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s8hNtGjAW0&context=C48f9d93ADvjVQa1PpcFPCEI4GrrWWQgsZdyg4yk2_CRbEDqEiE_c=[/VIDEO]

This was me just rushing it to hell, since I wanted to see what my HD PVR was capable of.

I'm going to do a round of BLOPS next, to see how the game looks through my HD PVR.

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 16
I no longer make videos, but this was the BLOPS group montage I was working on before I gave up.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 16
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eerxbK-WaN0&feature=plcp&context=C43c6a68VDvjVQa1PpcFPCEI4GrrWWQgsZdyg4yk2_CRbEDqEiE_c%3D[/VIDEO]

Lol, my first game of BLOPS in months. Played Gun Game, and I absolutely just DESTROYED. XD

And your montages would be amazing. :frowning2:

Lol I had a couple of BS kills, like the Crossbow and Sniper. XD

Your vids look cleaner by a mile. SETTINGS! :frown:

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 16
An even older and yet still unfinished group montage from MW2. There are some small gaps of unfilled time, and larger gaps were simply crossfaded. Speed-ups and slow-downs inspired by Zach Snyder's style. (300.)

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 16
I'm gonna have to return the device. I'm getting audio drop outs, freezes, and weird screen issues. Argh.

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 16
Yeah, if it ain't working right, it ain't staying. The only one I felt guilty returning was the Headzone. But it really is an overpriced Mixamp.

I was TRYING to record more Castlevania, but while I'm playing, the audio would just stop working. Then I go back to check the recording, and the program would be frozen, having only recorded a snippet. Also, while I'm playing, the picture would start doing weird things with the colors. That's three problems too many.

I'm gonna try again later. I'm also gonna run the audio through the Mixamp, so it can add Dolby Headphone. Figured I'd test that out before I return it.

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #10 of 16
So everyone who watches the vids with headphones can hear the magic of Dolby Headphone? :p

I wish I had a HDMI to Component adapter, as well as an HDMI splitter, that way I can feed my TV an HDMI signal, and send the component signal to the box.

edit: never mind, Arcsoft keeps crashing when I try to record. Ridiculous. I had my doubts, but now I'm certain it's going back. Not even one day in and it's already giving me serious issues. Reading the Amazon reviews, I see that this is an issue lots of people are having. It's a shame that it happened so damn quickly.

edit: The 10 seconds I was able to see on Arcsoft (not recorded), Dolby Headphone DEFINITELY works. So Riku, if you ever wanna demo this to others, just add a 3.5mm to RCA cable from the Mixamp's out to the HD PVR's audio in.

edit: Now all I get is this, even after rebooting the PC, disconnecting/connecting the USB, turning off the HD PVR off and on again...

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:
Why did you give up? Those seem really really good.

At the end of the day, I just don't like CoD enough to get enough footage. I'm talking about maybe 1 clip per 50 games. I didn't want to make some l33t sniper trickshot killstreak montage... there's already thousands of those on YouTube. I hoped to do something with a movie trailer feel. There are hundreds of clips archived that my friend really wanted me to include, but I only used segments that I felt that could be used musically (not just a reel of clips with music as a background element) and continued the feeling of escalation.

I'd like to make a montage of a game nobody really makes videos of... but meh.

Call me uninspired.

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
At the end of the day, I just don't like CoD enough to get enough footage. I'm talking about maybe 1 clip per 50 games. I didn't want to make some l33t sniper trickshot killstreak montage... there's already thousands of those on YouTube. I hoped to do something with a movie trailer feel. There are hundreds of clips archived that my friend really wanted me to include, but I only used segments that I felt that could be used musically (not just a reel of clips with music as a background element) and continued the feeling of escalation.

I'd like to make a montage of a game nobody really makes videos of... but meh.

Call me uninspired.

I understand what kind of video you are trying to make, and it is honestly an art form. I've always wanted to do something similar, but I'm waiting until I get more saavy with my editing software, and maybe until I have some good ideas.

Its a shame that nobody really appreciates those kind of videos. Its all about "L33t skillzz doood" and what not when it comes to most games. 

I know my video will never really get any fame, but I think I'll make it anyways.

Leme know what you plan on doing, pretty intrested. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back