The Video Game Music Thread
Feb 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #61 of 140
Shadow of the Colossus' and Journey's OST were truly something else to me, the Chrono games are also up there too.  There's just something about the music of old-school JRPGs to me.

I hear Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is good if your into heavy metal, though I like everything.

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #63 of 140
I didn't really like the new Tomb Raiders music so i decided to go for it myself and composed a piece my self, i'm an avid Game music lover so that was an easy decision.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #64 of 140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9L-QzakeiM&list=PLD39054284E23CBC0&index=1

Man the Ni No Kuni OST is amazing, Level5 does music for RPG's like no bodies business.

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #65 of 140
Quote:
I didn't really like the new Tomb Raiders music so i decided to go for it myself and composed a piece my self, i'm an avid Game music lover so that was an easy decision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4JpHd7h3T0&list=UU_3ADRnMGJr5b9LozRNw3JQ&index=1

Yeah. I was hoping Tomb Raider's OST was going to be good. But there really wasn't anything memorable.

I love Orchestrated Legend of Zelda music. Also one of my favorite's is Uncharted's theme song (particularly Uncharted 2 version).

Apr 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #66 of 140
Hi all. Sorry if this has been posted already. As a huge fan of video game music, primarily music from the SNES>PS1 era of RPGs, as well as a fan of electronic music/hip-hop, I was EXTREMELY pleased to hear about the tribute album to Yasunori Mitsuda that will be released in a few days. One of my current favorite producers/DJ's, Ryan Hemsworth, released one of his tracks from the album - a remix of a song from Chrono Trigger. Here is the link, check it out!

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/ryan-hemsworth-proto

May 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #69 of 140
I am so disappointed that this isn't hundreds or thousands of pages long... Of all the things to not have tons of posts, how is it this? o.O

Here's a song from a great little video game called "Thomas was Alone":

And here's a great song from a video game called Xenogears, its the credits theme:

May 6, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #70 of 140
Have to post this one, great game and great soundtrack

May 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #71 of 140
Oh, that game has some nice music... I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but I like the idea behind it involving Chopin.

Here's a great song from Alan Wake:

I love how they wrote lyrics that help explain what you need to do next in the game.

May 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #73 of 140
Those are really good!

Now how about same piano? The scene was the first reason I ever cried to anything in any form of entertainment, and this song is probably the reason that happened:

May 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #75 of 140
i'm a 41 years old french man, but for me one song is really unforgettable...

passing breeze from Out Run OST..my youth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back