The Video Game Music Thread
Apr 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #16 of 140
*bows* THank a millions, I loved Symphonia and I've been wanting the soundtrack to it for a while, I enjoyed all the First Three MegaMan Battle Network OST's as well! The last 3 sadly I was not as big a fan of :/ *sigh* time to go get on the bus q.Q' peace Head-Fi

May 1, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #18 of 140

Quote:
I love the music from Mass Effect 1/2/3. 2 has some of my favorite music though. I also love the music from Deus Ex Human Revolution.

ME1 OST is amazing, I love the level of bass you get but it doesn't bleed into the mids...Vigil is the best song lol.

May 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #20 of 140
Have I mentioned my Love for 16-bit Chip tunes yet :DMe

MegaMan Battle Network 3 is still one of my favorite OST's to date ^^

Quote:
Eternia is the Tales game I've played the most, followed by Destiny. Love their soundtracks.
OCremix has a great double album of Symphonia+Phantasia music...
http://tales.ocremix.org/

Oh nice, I went to the site, great to see the torrent is seeded well! I'm downloading at about 1mb/s so xD super thrilled to get this!

Also I enjoyed Tales of Symphonia very much! Granted I've not played much of the other tales games [lack of ps2 or good emulator <.<] still though great share!

Here's another awesome OST [btw I <3 FooBar the eq in it is very nice!]

Not the best song from the OST but a good one!

May 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #21 of 140
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the classic Beyond Good & Evil - it had a really unique and catchy soundtrack.

I listen to video game soundtracks a lot while working.  I find that instrumental music distracts me less.  Here are some of my faves:

Alan Wake...........................(very moody and relaxing)
Mass Effect 1 ......................(fantastic John Carpenter-esque 80's synth scifi callback sound)
Elder Scrolls III:  Morrowind ...(the later games have better production, but this is still my favorite ES soundtrack)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution ..(also a bit of an 80s scifi feel w/ other post modern layers)
Borderlands .........................(funky and driven, with a bit of attitude and a cool Arabic flavor)
Halo ODST...........................(super moody and jazzy - great rainy day music)
Halo (2, 3, and Reach)...........(Marty O'Donnel never disappoints)
Diablo II and Torchlight...........(Matt Uelmen's atmospheric jangly guitars do satisfy)

May 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #22 of 140
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV7JsFxhDMg&feature=relmfu[/VIDEO]

This guy has a bunch of video game covers on his page... and all of them are downloadable.

He is AMAZING. That electric guitar section, wow.

May 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #23 of 140

My favorite video game song. Have had it as ringtone for ages.

May 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #24 of 140
Quote:

My favorite video game song. Have had it as ringtone for ages.

OMG hoyl crap dude I love that too! Have you heard The 20'th Aniversy Techno remix of it xD

Also sadly I only have a 256k version of this, as the site I download has alot of the game music at that Rate [since it's mostly chiptunes you don't want a high bit rate [at least I think high bit rate chip tunes sounds kinda wack :3])

May 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #25 of 140
Here's probably my fave video game mix...

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZAI4iHK0sA[/VIDEO]

Almost 13 minutes of pure awesomeness.

As a fan of Castlevania... this is extra special.

May 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #26 of 140
Quote:
OMG hoyl crap dude I love that too! Have you heard The 20'th Aniversy Techno remix of it xD

Also sadly I only have a 256k version of this, as the site I download has alot of the game music at that Rate [since it's mostly chiptunes you don't want a high bit rate [at least I think high bit rate chip tunes sounds kinda wack :3])

Haha, pretty good remix. Usually I can't stand to listen to remixes of my own favorites, but that's not too shabby :)

May 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #29 of 140
Quote:
Hmm, does Doctor P's "Tetris" count for this thread...?   
beyersmile.png

OMG SHARE, I love Tetris Music and I'm always looking for a nice D n B remix of it, I have one and thankfully the Bass is what drives the melodic Tetris melody and well it's epic! In addition I may have said this already but

Tetris Attacks [SNES] is another good OST

May 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #30 of 140
Quote:
OMG SHARE, I love Tetris Music and I'm always looking for a nice D n B remix of it, I have one and thankfully the Bass is what drives the melodic Tetris melody and well it's epic! In addition I may have said this already but

Tetris Attacks [SNES] is another good OST

Hehe okay, but it's a commercial recording, so I can't share.  The track is a dubstep/brostep take on the GB Tetris music.  Play it on a nice big system or good 'phones - very fun!

It's available on iTunes (but not Amazon's MP3 store, which I prefer).  The "Tetris" track seems to have been released as a single, and isn't on any of Doctor P's EPs or collaborations, from what I've seen.

Here's a YouTube link:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back