The very first Oyaide PCOCC-A headphone cable for Senn HD800
Jul 14, 2012 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

inter voice

100+ Head-Fier

I purchased a pair of Senn HD800 headphones two weeks ago to replace my AKG Q701 and HD650.  My ears told me that HD800 is really a wonderful pair of CANs that the music reproduction is very much superior than my HD650 and AKG Q701.  I am totally satisfied with this flagship headphones though they are really pricey !!

Previously I was using Oyaide PCOCC-A cables (cable manufactured by Furukawa) for my HD650 as well as for my Q701. They had proved to be much better than the supplied stock cables for the two CANs.  A question then came to my mind as to whether Oyaide cables could provide similar good performance to my HD800 ?  Unfortunately after searching the web I found that Oyaide does not manufacture headphone cables for HD800.

Under this circumstance what I did was replacing the 2 connectors of the HD650's Oyaide headphone cables with 2 HD800 connectors.  The photo showed the result of my little DIY work.

On the very initial listening this new cable outperformed the stock cable of HD800 by a big margin without a detailed testing.  To confirm what I had listened I put the new cable into A/B test with the stock cable using different albums.  My verdict is that in comparing the two cables the stock cable is a little bid dull and muddy.  The Oyaide cable totally opens up the music.  The bass is tighter, the HF is more extended but without brightness feeling.  The mid range is more sweet and I can feel the emotion of the artists.  More importantly is on the space, the openness and on clarity of different instruments which are all better than the stock cable in every aspects.

I am extremely satisfied with the new headphone cable which I have been using since its modification.  I think this must be the very first Oyaide PCOCC-A cable being used in HD800.

I am waiting for feedback from folks who have also trial out Oyaide PCOCC-A cables on their HD800.

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
I'm interested in hearing this cable first hand. At least one cable maker...
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=110238.0
...has decided to use this cable for the HD800. Looks like a quality product.

Yes, the cable I used is the same one except I changed the two HD650 Cardas connectors with that of HD800.  However the HD800 connectors IMO are quite expensive 
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:
Are those cables that much better? And I own the hd650's, and like them better than the hd800...just saying

I used the same cable on HD650 and I found they are better than the stock cable.
As to HD650 I don't think it can compete with HD800.  I used to have a pair of HD650 but I sold them in the eBay.  HD800 is so much better.

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 13
Hi inter voice,

can you tell me what are the differences that you've noted when you use the Oyaide cable to replace the stock one? in detail if you don't mind..
I would like to get an Oyaide HPC-35/62HDX cable for my Senn HD600 but still thinking will it be worth it. I know it's quite inexpensive (about $100), but I still want to be sure

Thank you.

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #8 of 13
If you are talking about Oyaide and HD650, from my memory (as I sold my HD650 for quite some time) it makes the music less veil.  However it tames the HF of HD800 and makes the music very present to your ears.  Hope it helps.

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 13
Noted. Less veil means more open right? What about the weight, separation and definition? Any improvement on that? I would love if the oyaide helps to add definition to the bass and add weight the mids

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #11 of 13
Just picked up the Oyaide cable for Senn HD600/650, wow the improvements are as expected. Its more open (the "veil" is gone), the lows and mids are much clearer & defined, the highs are more extended.

Being much more open without sounding harsh at all for a cable priced at $100, so glad I bought this cable! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #12 of 13
It is nice to hear you like the Oyaide cable. I can only say it is really nice and not too expensive. It is better than Cardas IMHO (I got one before but sold it later and replaced by Oyaide) 
biggrin.gif

However all my CANs are now using Toxic cables.  If you have budget try Silver Widow for HD650.  Search the forum for feedbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back