The Verve - Forth
Sep 4, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #16 of 20
hmm, I like it a lot and have been playing it regularly since I got it. I am, though, not familiar with The Verve, and if the earlier albums are better, I will definitely have to pick them up.

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #17 of 20
I really like the new album. A bit too much sibilance in places though. You'd think after all these years, Ashcroft would find a suitable ****ing microphone to sing into.

My top 3 tracks are probably;
Sit and Wonder
Appalachian Springs
Noise Epic

Numbness and Love Is Noise are completely unbearable.

Sep 21, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #18 of 20
It took me awhile to getting around to really listen to it but now that i have I have to say that I really like this new effort from The Verve. I was listening to it while driving around with the windows down on an absolutely perfect day. "Forth" was a good soundtrack for my drive. Sounded like The Verve with a bit of David Sylvian's Nine Horses. Some really nice grooves in there!

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounded like The Verve with a bit of David Sylvian's Nine Horses. Some really nice grooves in there!

Okay, that clinches it for me. I'm a huge Sylvian fan and I would never had made the connection.
I was in a record store a couple of days ago and passed on buying the new Verve CD. I shall have to go back and pick up a copy and give it a whirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back