The Vanatoo Transparent One and the JBL LSR305: how do these innovative powered speakers compare?
Jan 26, 2014 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Aillas

Head-Fier
I want to get new powered speakers for my desktop and would love to know how the Vanatoo Transparent One and the JBL LSR305 compare.

I realize that the JBL LSR305 is a studio monitor and might sound a bit "boring" to some, but I've heard that these monitors make killer nearfield HiFi desktop speakers and, besides, I'm looking for speakers with a rather neutral, uncoloured sound signature anyway. Also, I've heard that the JBL LSR305 make great speakers for rock—the musical genre that gets the most listening time from me.

The JBL LSR305 retail for $150 per monitor; the Vanatoo retail for $500 per pair. Going by price alone, one might assume that the Vanatoo are better. But the JBL LSR305 supposedly sound like they're worth at least $1000 and have so far received overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Has anyone here heard both? If so, tell me what you think I'd be better off getting. Both the JBL and Vanatoo are consistently considered as being innovative game-changers that sound way more expensive than they cost which is making it hard for me to choose one over the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back