"The used Grado HF-1 sale tracking thread" comments thread
Sep 17, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
I started this thread so that my Grado HF-1 sale tracking thread would stay as on topic as possible. If you have any comments, suggestions, or think this is a good or bad idea please post them here. If you want to comment on any of the sales or trends that become visible in the thread please do so here.

Thank you.

To be honest, I don't get the point of tracking the transactions of HF-1. What kind of information can we gather thru this tracking? How much they go up in the 2nd hand market? Or to prevent buyers being misguided by sellers? I think the FS forum and this forum already exhibit enough info for both parties on the market. I am not saying tracking it is a bad thing, but I just don't get the point of micro-trackings down to every single pair.
confused.gif

On the other hand, if we are tracking how each pair gets turned around, that would be some what interesting...
rolleyes.gif
One of the hottest headphone I would surmise is the #13 R10... From what I have seen by digging around threads, it seems to have changed homes quite a few times already.
tongue.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by bankuo
To be honest, I don't get the point of tracking the transactions of HF-1. What kind of information can we gather thru this tracking? How much they go up in the 2nd hand market? Or to prevent buyers being misguided by sellers? I think the FS forum and this forum already exhibit enough info for both parties on the market. I am not saying tracking it is a bad thing, but I just don't get the point of micro-trackings down to every single pair.
confused.gif

On the other hand, if we are tracking how each pair gets turned around, that would be some what interesting...
rolleyes.gif
One of the hottest headphone I would surmise is the #13 R10... From what I have seen by digging around threads, it seems to have changed homes quite a few times already.
tongue.gif

I am not planning on tracking prices. I am not sure if it is a good idea and many people do not like to disclose prices anyway.

I am interested in tracking how frequently the HF-1 changes hands and along with it any other info people want to give. I find studying trends interesting and I think there are a lot of them here. Given the regular talk of the FOTM I think others are too. I have found the buying and selling of the SA5000, MS2 and many other headphones very interesting.

Another point brought up by you that I had not considered is security. The tracking thread will hopefully help to identify the current owner of a specific headphone making it easier to identify scams.

Sep 17, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 10
Thats interesting. At first I read 250 were going to be made. Then I saw #200 (sorry, bad with names, but wait, maybe Jahn? I see that name a lot) state that s/he would've got #250 but had to settle with #200 when s/he found out that there was only going to be 200.

Sep 17, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
Thats interesting. At first I read 250 were going to be made. Then I saw #200 (sorry, bad with names, but wait, maybe Jahn? I see that name a lot) state that s/he would've got #250 but had to settle with #200 when s/he found out that there was only going to be 200.

nope, what i said was that i was jonesin' for #225 but someone already grabbed that # so i got #200 - the actual # cutoff is 500. Todd said 500, so it's going to be 500 folks.

Sep 17, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #9 of 10
Ah.. 225. So someone nabbed it, oh well.. First I had 88 in mind, then 225 (not listed). Well, if its taken then I'll have to find some other numbers if I am to get one o.O

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 10
a tracking thread used to keep track of a thread that only has two posts and is (atm) still on the first page?

I think it's time for people to chill out over the hf thing, it's getting crazy. And this coming from a guy who defines the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back