The Upgrade
Feb 8, 2007 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Pm@c

500+ Head-Fier
my.php

my.php

LOL, see why I need an upgrade? I have a pair of DT770/80's on the way (expected 3-4 days, hopefully sooner), for 195 total (shipping and taxes everything, bought off of ebay). Hopefully the DT770's will rock, because the ones I have right now are decent but the tape is a little tacky (I stepped on them a few times, and I have had them for like 5-6 years (or so, cant remember exactly when I got them). So yeah, goodbye to the old Panasonics with a microphone taped to them, cant wait for my DT770's (maybe I should Darth them
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Aparantly the URL isnt showing up. How do you insert pictures? I tried adding a file, but it restricts the picture size to 25kb, and I cant seem to get them below 25, and they are even very crappy quality, how do you guys post HQ pics on here? Maybe once I figure out how you can see how terrible my headphones are (am I allowed to link out to imageshack URLs)?

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #3 of 12
195 Canadian... I think thats a wicked deal (compared to the other prices of 280+ shipped).

http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?i...60a0114qc6.jpg
http://img479.imageshack.us/my.php?i...60a0102sx6.jpg
http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?i...60a0111kw2.jpg

Like they have pretty decent quality (might be my XFI) most music sounds good, but since the band kinda broke, theres not alot of pressure on my ears so alot of the sound escapes (im trying to make them tighter with more tape ^^). Plus theres small holes on the outside of the cans, so I think that means they are partially open (the DT770's being fully closed). The model is RP-HT710, Panasonic, they were wicked when i bought them, still the only headphones I use, just figured its time for an upgrade.

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man! You could have gotten them (DT770 PRO/80) for like $153 shipped! :p

WHERE?!
blink.gif
tell me!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 12
The DT770s are great phones if you really like bass.They do have alot of that .Really good with games and most music.

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ohh canadian! Ok thats not too bad!

What did you do to those headphones!
blink.gif

Well liek i said, i got them 5-6 years ago, they have been through alot. I think they first broke because I stopped using them and lost them somewhere, and they ended up getting crushed by something, so the parts where the tape are, one side broken. So I used duct tape first time. Then i had them on my bed in my dorm room in university and my friend came in and sat on them, not realizing they were there, that broke the other side. Since i didnt have duct tape on me at the time, i just used clear plastic tape. Then I had an old mic lying around, but it was a table stand mic. I broke it in half so it would tape easier to my headphones, then taped the end to my headphones and taped the microphone wire to the headphone wires. Now both wires are plugged into my XFI. The cans are still decent quality themselves, but like i said, i need an upgrade.

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #11 of 12
Hahaha. Looking at those ratty Panasonics, I think you made the right choice in picking the DT770. It's a tank, by all accounts (wish I could find that pic with a car parked on top of it).

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #12 of 12
Ya the plastic isnt too durable, the steel or w/e it is in the DT770 should be good to withstand anything the tape i have on my current ones can (enuf tape makes it extremely durable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back