The updated Stealth is landing
Apr 15, 2005 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
It's on a FedEx truck as we speak now coming back from Rays.

I spoke to Ray Samuels about some kind of modification/upgrade/update to the headamp section since I use it now with Sony MDR-SA5000. I have one of the earliest Stealths but it should be the same as the others. I didn't really want to get a Raptor or a new amp since my main headphones are K1000 and HE60 which don't work with normal headphones amps. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like now.

Anyway the parts and labor for the update are FREE.
smily_headphones1.gif
You just have to pay Ray for shipping back to you.

Apr 16, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Just from memory - if your upgraded amp has the capacitor mods...then you will be in for a treat with the SA5000.

The thing is he said he just upgraded his and mine at the same time so it must be even more recent than when you heard it last.

k1000smile.gif
I will now plug this baby in and take it for a spin with AKG K501.

Apr 16, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
The thing is he said he just upgraded his and mine at the same time so it must be even more recent than when you heard it last.

k1000smile.gif
I will now plug this baby in and take it for a spin with AKG K501.

Okay, already... HOW IT IS?????!!!!!!!
k1000smile.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 13
It needs to be burned in some more.
wink.gif
And I can't make comments with K501 since these are not my normal headphones. I'll reserve comments until tomorrow.

Apr 16, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
It needs to be burned in some more.
wink.gif
And I can't make comments with K501 since these are not my normal headphones. I'll reserve comments until tomorrow.

headphones, headphones, headphones...

wink.gif
{teehee}

[we can always rectify that...]

Apr 17, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #9 of 13
I realize I forgot to put my Herbie's HAL-O dampeners on to start with so I will leave them off just to remain consistant.

0 hours in (out of the box but warmed up), I felt things seemed a bit more clear than before the update. I've always felt the Stealth to be a little on the soft side. I can sense there's a bit more bite to it now.

24 hours in, I notice the sound becoming more dynamic. It's a bit more liquid now.

36 hours in, the bass is more solid. It's layered now which is good since it won't overpower the rest of the spectrum.

more to come...

Apr 17, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I realize I forgot to put my Herbie's HAL-O dampeners on to start with so I will leave them off just to remain consistant.

0 hours in (out of the box but warmed up), I felt things seemed a bit more clear than before the update. I've always felt the Stealth to be a little on the soft side. I can sense there's a bit more bite to it now.

24 hours in, I notice the sound becoming more dynamic. It's a bit more liquid now.

36 hours in, the bass is more solid. It's layered now which is good since it won't overpower the rest of the spectrum.

more to come...

Which phones were you using?

Apr 17, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 13
K501s at the moment.

But before updated my HP1000s and SA5000 were a bit soft sounding. I will try my grados later after more burnin.

Oct 5, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #12 of 13
Well...?
I assume you've had some time to listen by now!
Differences w/ loz and high z cans?
CPW

Oct 5, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #13 of 13
You know it's the updated Stealth versus the Telefunkentator next meet, right? Oh, I expect the Stealth to kick butt, but hopefully the Melos will run away with the Grado gold! If not lan might be in for some cleaning and tweaking and modding and uh oh my wallet
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back