The upcoming "DaVinci Code" movie
Dec 21, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
in the book the author basically stated that the hero looks like harrison ford. but we get tom hanks instead. oh well, should be a good rental.

My sentiments exactly; well, except for the rental part - I'll probably go see in in the movies. This should have been Harrison Ford's part - it amazes me how something so obvious just can't get done in Hollywood...
...When I was reading the book I imagined how the movie might be and the first image that popped in my head was the scene in "Last Crusade" where Indy is standing above an engraving of the numeral V in an old Italian Church.

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
My sentiments exactly; well, except for the rental part - I'll probably go see in in the movies. This should have been Harrison Ford's part - it amazes me how something so obvious just can't get done in Hollywood...
...When I was reading the book I imagined how the movie might be and the first image that popped in my head was the scene in "Last Crusade" where Indy is standing above an engraving of the numeral V in an old Italian Church.

yeah! get spielberg to direct it and you've got the first indiana jones movie for adults (minus the whip and fedora).

Dec 21, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
Am I the only one that hated the book?

I don't hate it, but i think that "Da Vinci Code" is utterly ludicrous crap. The same with "Angels and Demons."

Dec 21, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #20 of 21
Howard and Goldman are an incredibly frustrating team. Cinderella Man and A Beautiful Mind would have been much better had they been factually accurate and not juiced up in an attempt to make them more interesting.

It might be a decent popcorn flick, but considering the source material, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back