The upcoming "DaVinci Code" movie
Dec 21, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 21
in the book the author basically stated that the hero looks like harrison ford. but we get tom hanks instead. oh well, should be a good rental.

Dec 21, 2005 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
in the book the author basically stated that the hero looks like harrison ford. but we get tom hanks instead. oh well, should be a good rental.

Haha, x2.

It should be a decent summertime blockbuster. I don't think it's going to blow anyone away though... The book's been out too long and everyone and their mom's read it.

(Tom Hanks never should have grown his hair out like that. Though he totally looks like one of my former professors, which works for the role, I guess.)

Dec 21, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 21
If done right, it should be a great popcorn movie for the someone who hasn't read the book. When I read it, I thought I was reading a really brilliant movie script.

Dec 21, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter

LOL c'mon, don't be so hard on Tom although I agree with you that Tom Hanks is far from the book's description of the character. In any case, Harrison Ford is too old now to play the part... speaking of which, I wish Indiana Jones would be serialized like James Bond with a new actor.

I'm looking forward to the movie as the book was a lot of fun. But I'll probably end up watching it on DVD as going to the theater is a little difficult with two little kids at home.

Dec 21, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #8 of 21
should be an entertaining movie. too bad its all BS though, woulda been a great story.

Dec 21, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #9 of 21
As I was reading it, I too thought it was a brilliant movie script.

I think it will make an excellent movie.

Dec 21, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
The trailer looks promising (Follow Me!)...I know I'll go and see it. I really liked the book so I'd like to see the adaptation on screen...and Audrey Tautou is cute...

saw the trailer at school yesterday, looks very promising. The only actor i recognize is Hanks, but the book was good and hoping the movie can be half as good.

Dec 21, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by armaniwearr
saw the trailer at school yesterday, looks very promising. The only actor i recognize is Hanks, but the book was good and hoping the movie can be half as good.

You don't recognize Sir Ian Mac Ellen (Gandalf from Lord of the Rings)?
Jean Reno (Leon The Professional)?
Audrey Tautou (Amelie)?

If not, you should go rent Leon and Amelie. Both amazing movies.

Dec 21, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #12 of 21
Wait, is that really the girl from Amelie? I didn't recognize her at all! I loved Amelie though.

The movie looks good on a purely entertaining level. It's not going to break any huge boundaries like the book did before it was disproved, but it still looks pretty flippin' sweet.

Dec 21, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
You don't recognize Sir Ian Mac Ellen (Gandalf from Lord of the Rings)?
Jean Reno (Leon The Professional)?
Audrey Tautou (Amelie)?

If not, you should go rent Leon and Amelie. Both amazing movies.

Thanks. Gives me something to do tomorrow.

Dec 21, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
... I wish Indiana Jones would be serialized like James Bond with a new actor...

Blasphemy!
tongue.gif

Thanks guys. I didn't notice they were making this movie. Makes prefect sense. If the number of copies of books sold is any guide, this is a sure-fire blockbuster. I got the book for the holidays last year (the one with the extra pictures or whatever) but never got around to reading it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back