The Unthinkable... music from Itunes to Cowon D2??? (or should i just get a "classic"
Nov 2, 2007 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
Here is problem:
1. All of my music is applelossless,
2. my ipod is dead as a door nail (has been for months)
3. people say ipod classic's SQ has issues, i'm not sold on it.
4. Cowon D2 is the champion of Head Fi and I want it
5. Cowon D2 doesn't support Apple loss less
6. I can't use portable amps, because this is a gym player and I need something that I can strap onto my arm.

solutions? opinions... what am I to do.. have I married the ipod by choosing Itunes?

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 5
I went through this dilemma before I picked up my last ipod. I actually dumped iTunes/iPods earlier this year for 6 months using an iriver clix. It was nice but I started missing the seamless partnership b/w iTunes & iPod.

I was on the fence for awhile, trying FLAC and looking into getting a Cowon. But in the end, there is a huge community and standards that exist and cannot be ignored. I'm happy with my solution and don't need to go through to much to get it all working.

Look into a Classic 160 to carry most of your lossless. I listen to my stuff in Apple lossless and can tell the difference. Bad news is my 30GB doesn't hold much!
280smile.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 5
If you have apple lossless, get a program like dbpoweramp and covert it all to FLAC. Then get yourself a D2.

I can't listen to my iPod anymore, even when it has lossless on it. From what I can tell, the magic of Lossless is lost on the iPod.

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have apple lossless, get a program like dbpoweramp and covert it all to FLAC. Then get yourself a D2.

I can't listen to my iPod anymore, even when it has lossless on it. From what I can tell, the magic of Lossless is lost on the iPod.

OMG don't say that, my wallet is empty!
280smile.gif
Are you serious?

I heard about that program and it's highly respected by many. It's hard to find a Cowon in my neck of the woods, so might be a good thing for my wallet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back